E2CF print assemblies on E2?

Raise3D_User1

E2CF print assemblies on E2?

Postby Raise3D_User1 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:59 am

After trying and mostly failing to get .2 nozzles to work reliably with PETG on any E2 I have, I've come to the conclusion that the E2 won't work because there is a gear on only one side to pull the filament in. What's needed is a gear on both sides of the filament like the E2CF. Has there been information posted about the compatibility of these with E2s? Are they just plug and play swappable?

Steven@Raise3D

Re: E2CF print assemblies on E2?

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:39 am

Raise3D_User1 wrote:After trying and mostly failing to get .2 nozzles to work reliably with PETG on any E2 I have, I've come to the conclusion that the E2 won't work because there is a gear on only one side to pull the filament in. What's needed is a gear on both sides of the filament like the E2CF. Has there been information posted about the compatibility of these with E2s? Are they just plug and play swappable?

Please view this link: https://support.raise3d.com/list.html?c ... 5&aid=1424

Raise3D_User1

Postby Raise3D_User1 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:05 am

Steven@Raise3D wrote:
Raise3D_User1 wrote:After trying and mostly failing to get .2 nozzles to work reliably with PETG on any E2 I have, I've come to the conclusion that the E2 won't work because there is a gear on only one side to pull the filament in. What's needed is a gear on both sides of the filament like the E2CF. Has there been information posted about the compatibility of these with E2s? Are they just plug and play swappable?

Please view this link: https://support.raise3d.com/list.html?c ... 5&aid=1424

Sorry, I meant to say NEW information. The "no decision yet" was the same line from launch, and we're past that now. I didn't realize how much the E2 suffers from only having a gear on one side of the filament path until I tried to use .2 nozzles with PETG. The extra pressure makes it hard to get reliable prints at .2. The E2CF heads will solve that problem.

Ryan@Raise3D

Postby Ryan@Raise3D » Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:44 am

Unfortunately at this time, we do not support replacing the E2 extruder with the E2CF one as it has not been fully tested for the E2 and we do not have firmware that will support the extruder.

Return to “E2CF”