E2 Settiing, Machine, Update, Online Update, Automatic Update setting Enabled but not working.

JamesF
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:50 pm

E2 Settiing, Machine, Update, Online Update, Automatic Update setting Enabled but not working.

Postby JamesF » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:44 pm

E2
1.4.30806 Raise Touch
0.3.609 Update Motion Controller Board Firmware

I notice there's a new Controller Board Firmware version 0.3.1026, but automatic updates says the printer is Already on the latest version.

I have and have had the automatic settings enable (as described below) for over a year and I never have seen or been presented with the "Update Message Floating Window" that's shown in the E2 Manual.

Am I overlooking something? Does this feature work?

Here's my current settings.

Setting, Machine, Update, Online Update, Check for Update Automatically (enabled)
Setting, Machine, Update, Online Update, Download Update Automatically (enabled)

RaiseTouch Touchsecreen Firmware Update
Already on the latest version.

Motion Controller Board Firmware Update
Already on the lastest version.


Thank you.

User avatar
Ryan@Raise3D
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:43 pm

Re: E2 Settiing, Machine, Update, Online Update, Automatic Update setting Enabled but not working.

Postby Ryan@Raise3D » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:45 am

Can you try manually updating the machine by downloading the latest version of the firmware and following this guide to perform the update to see if it will update? https://support.raise3d.com/E2/how-to-u ... -1143.html

JamesF
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:50 pm

Re: E2 Settiing, Machine, Update, Online Update, Automatic Update setting Enabled but not working.

Postby JamesF » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:39 pm

Ryan,

I can and do currently manually update the firmware, but I would like to utiliize the automatic update feature.

Yesterday I updated to 0.3.1026, but I had to do so manually.

Thank you

Raise3D_User1
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri May 15, 2020 2:05 am

Re: E2 Settiing, Machine, Update, Online Update, Automatic Update setting Enabled but not working.

Postby Raise3D_User1 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:13 pm

JamesF wrote:Ryan,

I can and do currently manually update the firmware, but I would like to utiliize the automatic update feature.

Yesterday I updated to 0.3.1026, but I had to do so manually.

Thank you


Raisetouch hasn't been updated for almost a year and a half and is still very buggy and incomplete.

I have 4 of these and auto updates have always been very hit or miss. I just shrug and manually update them. There are lots more pressing bugs to want fixed before reliable auto-updates. You'll see.

User avatar
Ryan@Raise3D
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:43 pm

Re: E2 Settiing, Machine, Update, Online Update, Automatic Update setting Enabled but not working.

Postby Ryan@Raise3D » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:27 am

I am sorry that the auto-update feature is not functioning for you and I will send this over to our development team so they can address this in future raise touch versions.

JamesF
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:50 pm

Re: E2 Settiing, Machine, Update, Online Update, Automatic Update setting Enabled but not working.

Postby JamesF » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:00 pm

Okay, so basically the auto-update does not work. Thanks for confirming this for me.

JamesF
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:50 pm

Re: E2 Settiing, Machine, Update, Online Update, Automatic Update setting Enabled but not working.

Postby JamesF » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:17 pm

Raise3D_User1 wrote:
JamesF wrote:Ryan,

I can and do currently manually update the firmware, but I would like to utiliize the automatic update feature.

Yesterday I updated to 0.3.1026, but I had to do so manually.

Thank you


Raisetouch hasn't been updated for almost a year and a half and is still very buggy and incomplete.

I have 4 of these and auto updates have always been very hit or miss. I just shrug and manually update them. There are lots more pressing bugs to want fixed before reliable auto-updates. You'll see.


Raise3D_User1,

Thank you for your reply. Your reply helps further confirms that there's an issue with the function and not something that I'm doing wrong. I agree that there's a lot more pressing issues than reliable (if even functional) auto-update, so I'll not press (but will hope) for a fix. Now that I know this feature isn't what it's cracked up to be, I'll merely be resigned to manually looking for, downloading, and applying firmware and software updates.

Raise3D_User1
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri May 15, 2020 2:05 am

Re: E2 Settiing, Machine, Update, Online Update, Automatic Update setting Enabled but not working.

Postby Raise3D_User1 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:47 am

JamesF wrote:
Raise3D_User1 wrote:
JamesF wrote:Ryan,

I can and do currently manually update the firmware, but I would like to utiliize the automatic update feature.

Yesterday I updated to 0.3.1026, but I had to do so manually.

Thank you


Raisetouch hasn't been updated for almost a year and a half and is still very buggy and incomplete.

I have 4 of these and auto updates have always been very hit or miss. I just shrug and manually update them. There are lots more pressing bugs to want fixed before reliable auto-updates. You'll see.


Raise3D_User1,

Thank you for your reply. Your reply helps further confirms that there's an issue with the function and not something that I'm doing wrong. I agree that there's a lot more pressing issues than reliable (if even functional) auto-update, so I'll not press (but will hope) for a fix. Now that I know this feature isn't what it's cracked up to be, I'll merely be resigned to manually looking for, downloading, and applying firmware and software updates.



No problem. Glad I could save you some time.

If you're using PETG or ABS, I also strongly suggest you look into a 40 watt E3D heater cartridge, copperhead hotblock+heatbreak, and a vanadium nozzle for each extruder as well as a PEI powdercoated spring steel sheet to replace the terrible buildtak surface. That's about a $250 upgrade total that will make your life a LOT easier and essentially eliminate the oozing and heat creep the stock parts are prone to, plus the double-sided PEI powdercoated sheet will probably be the last one you'll have to buy instead of replacing the buildtak sticker every 2-3 months. I say this as an owner of four of these E2s. I love a lot of things about them, but they are frustratingly incomplete or under-engineered in some areas, and the software release schedule is abysimal.

JamesF
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:50 pm

Re: E2 Settiing, Machine, Update, Online Update, Automatic Update setting Enabled but not working.

Postby JamesF » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:30 pm

Thanks Raise3D_User1, I appreciate all of the advice.

Labirynt
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:08 am

Re: E2 Settiing, Machine, Update, Online Update, Automatic Update setting Enabled but not working.

Postby Labirynt » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:27 pm

Ryan@Raise3D wrote:I am sorry that the auto-update feature is not functioning for you and I will send this over to our development team so they can address this in future raise touch versions.



For who this option is working? Only in your internal network inside raise3d?
on mine machines:
E2 - not working
Pro2 plus - not working

Raise3D_User1
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri May 15, 2020 2:05 am

Re: E2 Settiing, Machine, Update, Online Update, Automatic Update setting Enabled but not working.

Postby Raise3D_User1 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:03 am

Labirynt wrote:
Ryan@Raise3D wrote:I am sorry that the auto-update feature is not functioning for you and I will send this over to our development team so they can address this in future raise touch versions.



For who this option is working? Only in your internal network inside raise3d?
on mine machines:
E2 - not working
Pro2 plus - not working


One of my 4 E2s (the newest) has downloaded 1 update automatically. I don't remember the other three have - maybe once? No idea why there's that disparity.


Return to “E2”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests