E2-CF print head on E2?

TERRY DESIGN

E2-CF print head on E2?

Postby TERRY DESIGN » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:20 am

I am printing polymide PA6-CF with E2 and I really love the machine, except one thing that, the filament is so still that requires a lot of force to pull through the feeding tube, especially when it comes to the 2nd half of the spool, which means the filament is going to have more tension due to small radius on the spool, along with its stiffness.
I have to adjust the feeder gear screw really tight to keep feeding, and even after that, it will fail from time to time, and once it fails, the feeder gear will start grinding with the filament which is very brassive, and the feeder gear teeth got ruined quite fast. Currently my solution is to change the gear once a month or two mabye.

But now the E2-CF has come. I looked into the introduction and realized maybe its a better solution if I can install that new print head as a upgrade, which has reinforce feeder systmen with 2 gears. And it seems like a easy swap, but I am not sure yet.

Is that possible?Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Steven@Raise3D

Re: E2-CF print head on E2?

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:56 pm

TERRY DESIGN wrote:I am printing polymide PA6-CF with E2 and I really love the machine, except one thing that, the filament is so still that requires a lot of force to pull through the feeding tube, especially when it comes to the 2nd half of the spool, which means the filament is going to have more tension due to small radius on the spool, along with its stiffness.
I have to adjust the feeder gear screw really tight to keep feeding, and even after that, it will fail from time to time, and once it fails, the feeder gear will start grinding with the filament which is very brassive, and the feeder gear teeth got ruined quite fast. Currently my solution is to change the gear once a month or two mabye.

But now the E2-CF has come. I looked into the introduction and realized maybe its a better solution if I can install that new print head as a upgrade, which has reinforce feeder systmen with 2 gears. And it seems like a easy swap, but I am not sure yet.

Unfortunately, at this time it's unclear to us if an upgrade kit will be made available for the standard E2. As the release of the machine gets closer there may be more information that becomes available.

kse

Postby kse » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:10 am

Steven@Raise3D wrote:
TERRY DESIGN wrote:I am printing polymide PA6-CF with E2 and I really love the machine, except one thing that, the filament is so still that requires a lot of force to pull through the feeding tube, especially when it comes to the 2nd half of the spool, which means the filament is going to have more tension due to small radius on the spool, along with its stiffness.

Unfortunately, at this time it's unclear to us if an upgrade kit will be made available for the standard E2. As the release of the machine gets closer there may be more information that becomes available.

will the E2-CF printhead still have the stupid ptfe tube in the heatbrake and the non standard v6 incompatible nozzles?

Steven@Raise3D

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:51 am

kse wrote:
Steven@Raise3D wrote:

will the E2-CF printhead still have the stupid ptfe tube in the heatbrake and the non standard v6 incompatible nozzles?

The hotend design will remain the same. The only difference is the nozzle and reinforced feeding gears.

Blue21

Postby Blue21 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:21 pm

So, will there be any kind of upgrade kit if the change is so basic ?
E2 + Prusa Mini <- UM 2+ <- Replicator2

Steven@Raise3D

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:41 am

Blue21 wrote:So, will there be any kind of upgrade kit if the change is so basic ?

eXcelonPrime

Postby eXcelonPrime » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:33 am

I hope Raise doesn’t forget about us early adopters and they’ve made it so some of these improvements at least, can trickle down our way. It already feels like we were just beta testing the E2 though, so I won’t be holding my breath.

Tfmcnellist

Postby Tfmcnellist » Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:28 pm

Just upgrade your hotend to the Slice Copperhead. I’m thinking about upgrading the extruder to the Hemera. With a few adjustments I may be able to make it work. It looks like the E2 extruder was a rip off of the Hemera. They went cheaper with just one drive wheel. I asked about getting a replacement feeder shell and they said I needed to but the 275..00 extruder and hotend assembly. They are ripping us off when it comes to parts. I have upgrade to the Copperhead and it is great especially since Slice made adjustments to their heatbreak do it is a perfect fit with no gap needed between the heatbreak and the heat sink. I’m not sure the E2-CF will be much better.

414 Rides

Postby 414 Rides » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:43 pm

Now that the CF is released is there any update on whet2CFher or not we can swap out print heads between the E2 and E2CF?

Proschi3d

Postby Proschi3d » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:38 am

The extruders fit 1:1 on the E2.
Only the steps then have to be adjusted
Raise 3D E2, Prusa i 3 Mk3s Mmus2

https://www.instagram.com/proschi3d/

meelo88

Postby meelo88 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:10 pm

It looks like you can order whole print heads from Raise3D direct. About $390 each?!?
Printers: Raise3D E2 - MatterHackers Pulse (B Frame)

Ryan@Raise3D

Postby Ryan@Raise3D » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:15 am

Unfortunately we do not have word yet if there is an upgrade path for the e2→ e2cf

kurtzr

Postby kurtzr » Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:11 am

I was told today via your website chat that this was not possible. Could we get an explanation of why not?

Ryan@Raise3D

Postby Ryan@Raise3D » Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:07 am

At this time we do not sell parts to upgrade an E2 to an E2 cf. We do not have any guides on how to do this and we do not have the firmware set up for this at this time. I do not know when there will be a path for this but at this time there is not.

Mcrcheli

Postby Mcrcheli » Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:13 am

They are locking you out of upgrades just like they do with print head parts on the E2. For a simple 15$ part for the print head they told me you have to buy an entire print head. They have made customers that have printers irrelevant. I have upgraded to the Slice copperhead and a Ruby nozzle. This upgrade make the v6 nozzle compatible for about 1/3 the price of the new print heads. The only thing missing is the upgraded gears. It prints much much better than the garbage they use. The Slice upgrade kit has been re designed to make it a direct replacement kit including the correct 30 watt heater. Don’t let them fool you into thinking the E2CF heads won’t work. The machine is identical as per their own words. The firmware is the same. They don’t want you to spend 1000.00 they want you to spend 5000.00. This is why they had to expand into industrial machines where they can easily rip off businesses because they won’t ask questions. I am seriously looking into the Vision Miner IDEX 22. It’s about 3000.00 more but prints at a standard speed of 250mm/sec.

Proschi3d

Postby Proschi3d » Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:48 am

you can exchange the printheads 1:1!
as has already been said, it is the same printer with a different extruder and filament box.
the firmware is the same.
also the motion board and the bad display board that causes the error of pausing is the same.
only the steps have to be adjusted when changing.
I'm sure you can ask someone who owns one.
Raise 3D E2, Prusa i 3 Mk3s Mmus2

https://www.instagram.com/proschi3d/

Return to “E2”