Bug with Supports / Build Volume Raise3D E2

NI3DPrint

Bug with Supports / Build Volume Raise3D E2

Postby NI3DPrint » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:52 pm

Hi,

there appears to be a bug with build volume on the E2 when supports are enabled - the model fits on the build platform yet everytime I try to slice it I get this message -

issue1.PNG

The model dimensions are 318.5 x 133.8 x 36

I have tried setting support horizontal expansion to zero and turning off all platform additions, however it still brings up the error.

When I try to print I get an Err 001 on the machine at it says it is going to crash.

What is happening - why can't I control support horizontal expansion? Why is support suddenly out of the build volume on everything over 300 mm long?

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Bug with Supports / Build Volume Raise3D E2

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:45 am

Would you like to share you .gcode, .data and .idea files with us?

Labirynt

Postby Labirynt » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:55 pm

NI3DPrint wrote:Hi,

there appears to be a bug with build volume on the E2 when supports are enabled - the model fits on the build platform yet everytime I try to slice it I get this message -

issue1.PNG

I have tried setting support horizontal expansion to zero and turning off all platform additions, however it still brings up the error.

When I try to print I get an Err 001 on the machine at it says it is going to crash.

What is happening - why can't I control support horizontal expansion? Why is support suddenly out of the build volume on everything over 300 mm long?

Probably you use second extruder for printing support/dense support or something like that... in that case, your build area is limited also on left side (blue lines on screenshot):
issue1.PNG

Raise3D_User1

Postby Raise3D_User1 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:26 pm

NI3DPrint wrote:Hi,

issue1.PNG

I can't tell because the message is obscuring the left side, but is there a bump on the left side like the right? that may be the problem since it's so close to the edge on the left.

Also, do you have the skirt enabled? That would be out far enough to cause this.

Finally, did you try rotating the model so it's at a diagonal and then centering it? That provides plenty of room. I've printed stuff this size before and I always set the model diagonally.

NI3DPrint

Postby NI3DPrint » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:55 am

Thanks all for your suggestions - yes indeed it does appear that as soon as you try to print with dual materials you lose a significant amount of print volume from the left hand edge. However this is not greyed out in idea maker. It would be good to get a definite specification of how much distance is lost and it would be even better if idea maker showed you this when you select dual printing?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:55 am

When selecting nozzle extruder to print a model, ideaMaker will show grey area at the left side of the printing area.
Image_20210706175449.png

Return to “E2”