HELP - Left Printhead Continually Fails

3dscanstl

HELP - Left Printhead Continually Fails

Postby 3dscanstl » Thu May 13, 2021 3:03 pm

I have been working with tech support for several weeks now trying to resolve this and I am about ready to have an 'office space' fax machine moment.

This is not making any sense and maybe someone else can tell me why this is happening and how to fix it. A couple of months ago, the left print head failed printing a job with ASA with the factory default settings. I had no reason to believe it would fail since since all of my previous prints with PLA had been perfect. The ASA failed to stick to the bed and the head became encased in plastic. This lead to having to replace the print head assembly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Long story short, I thought that the issues had been resolved as a test cube I printed came out fine. Image

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ran my print job overnight and these were the results:

The right extruder printed perfectly. The left is a complete joke. I really need to get this resolved. I've wasted more than a spool of ASA an countless hours trying to get this working. Any and all help is appreciated.

Thank you

Raise3D_User1

Re: HELP - Left Printhead Continually Fails

Postby Raise3D_User1 » Fri May 14, 2021 6:58 am

Is your side fan on the left extruder working? Is the vent that guides the output from that fan not warped? I have one that has become warped and I think it makes the cooling weird so that I have a similar issue with the right extruder on one of mine with PETG. I'll have to open a ticket myself...

Steven@Raise3D

Re: HELP - Left Printhead Continually Fails

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Sat May 15, 2021 12:06 am

I see hear that you are working with one of our technical support engineers. They should be able to assist you in getting the issue resolved. If you have any other questions please let me know.

3dscanstl wrote:I have been working with tech support for several weeks now trying to resolve this and I am about ready to have an 'office space' fax machine moment.

This is not making any sense and maybe someone else can tell me why this is happening and how to fix it. A couple of months ago, the left print head failed printing a job with ASA with the factory default settings. I had no reason to believe it would fail since since all of my previous prints with PLA had been perfect. The ASA failed to stick to the bed and the head became encased in plastic. This lead to having to replace the print head assembly.

Long story short, I thought that the issues had been resolved as a test cube I printed came out fine. Image

I ran my print job overnight and these were the results:

The right extruder printed perfectly. The left is a complete joke. I really need to get this resolved. I've wasted more than a spool of ASA an countless hours trying to get this working. Any and all help is appreciated.

Thank you

Return to “E2”