How is the print quality of the E2 compared with the Prusa i3 MK3S?

newraiseuser

How is the print quality of the E2 compared with the Prusa i3 MK3S?

Postby newraiseuser » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:43 pm

Hi, over the past ten years I have used several 3D printers including those from Stratasys and Makerbot. Currently using a Prusa i3 MK3S but I am not satisfied with the print quality and the constant need for fixing of various issues. How is the E2 compared with the i3 MK3S?

skyzzzzz

Re: How is the print quality of the E2 compared with the Prusa i3 MK3S?

Postby skyzzzzz » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:54 pm

Its better (kinda). If you can stick the prusa on a concrete slab to cut down on vibrations that's a big help. Second thing is get your external shells to print a little slower, then they are even. The E2 motion system is solid, really solid. I could push the E2 much harder/faster before ringing would appear. Idex means double the production rate but is it double the headaches i'm not sure. Once its level and you have your first layers tweaked it works. Other side of things is even ignoring the kits ($750) you could get 3.5 assembled mk3s for the price of one E2. Ask any other questions.

Raise3D_User1

Re: How is the print quality of the E2 compared with the Prusa i3 MK3S?

Postby Raise3D_User1 » Sat May 01, 2021 5:30 am

newraiseuser wrote:Hi, over the past ten years I have used several 3D printers including those from Stratasys and Makerbot. Currently using a Prusa i3 MK3S but I am not satisfied with the print quality and the constant need for fixing of various issues. How is the E2 compared with the i3 MK3S?

Personally, I think the PRUSA MK3/S is better than the E2. I have a number of both. The ONLY thing I use the E2s for is PETG prints because the enclosure filters the air somewhat, and printing anything other than PLA on an open 3D printer without special ventilation is asking for trouble.

I've had WAY more issues with both E2s than any of the MK3 or MK3/S machines. I've never had to replace a prusa coated build surface. I've replaced a LOT of buildtak surfaces. on the E2. Worst build surface, ever.

Raise does not update their software/firmware anywhere CLOSE to as frequently as Prusa, either, which is a drag.

I'm hoping the Prusa 4 is an IDEX enclosed printer later this year. If it is, I can send these E2s down the road.

Return to “E2”