E2 maintenance?

Raise3D_User1
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri May 15, 2020 2:05 am

E2 maintenance?

Postby Raise3D_User1 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:38 pm

So I've been printing with a lot of red PETG and have noticed that the rail the heads slide on has a thin layer of orange goo on the stainless facing the front of the box. I ASSUME this is some lubricant that has picked up color from the PETG offgassing. I've been wiping it with IPA, which makes it shiny again and gets rid of the orange hue on the stainless, but I'm wondering if I should be returning lubricant to it? And if so, with what?

User avatar
Steven@Raise3D
Posts: 350
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:24 pm

Re: E2 maintenance?

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:21 am

Raise3D_User1 wrote:So I've been printing with a lot of red PETG and have noticed that the rail the heads slide on has a thin layer of orange goo on the stainless facing the front of the box. I ASSUME this is some lubricant that has picked up color from the PETG offgassing. I've been wiping it with IPA, which makes it shiny again and gets rid of the orange hue on the stainless, but I'm wondering if I should be returning lubricant to it? And if so, with what?



You are correct. Most PETG materials off-gas small particles that can coat components of the machine if printed for long enough. I would suggest cleaning parts of the machine that you see build-up developed on and ensure that every moving component of the gantry system remains clean and lubricated.

https://support.raise3d.com/E2/maintenance-20-1100.html

Raise3D_User1
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri May 15, 2020 2:05 am

Re: E2 maintenance?

Postby Raise3D_User1 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:17 am

Steven@Raise3D wrote:every moving component of the gantry system remains clean and lubricated.


The link is nice, thank you, but it's missing a very important detail. WHAT is the recommended lubricant? There's lots of talk about cleaning and lubricating at that link with no mention that I could see of what Raise3D recommends the E2 cleaner or lubricant (super lube? white lithium? something else?) should be.

Bikeracer
Posts: 132
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:54 am

Re: E2 maintenance?

Postby Bikeracer » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:01 am

Last time this came up Super Lube was mentioned.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01 ... UTF8&psc=1

User avatar
Steven@Raise3D
Posts: 350
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:24 pm

Re: E2 maintenance?

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:11 am

Bikeracer wrote:Last time this came up Super Lube was mentioned.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01 ... UTF8&psc=1


Yes, we recommend using Super Lube lubricating grease with PTFE.

Raise3D_User1
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri May 15, 2020 2:05 am

Re: E2 maintenance?

Postby Raise3D_User1 » Sat May 01, 2021 5:31 am

Steven@Raise3D wrote:
Bikeracer wrote:Last time this came up Super Lube was mentioned.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01 ... UTF8&psc=1


Yes, we recommend using Super Lube lubricating grease with PTFE.



Thanks. Everything's cleaned and lubed again and running much better again.


Return to “E2”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests