Thermocouple and thermistor connectors

Louie Morais

Thermocouple and thermistor connectors

Postby Louie Morais » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:33 pm

Hi all,

I got an e2 whose left hotend's cables (thermistor and thermocouple) got accidentally cut during the removal of a blob and then their connector heads completely melted when I baked the hotend in the oven to remove the rest of the filament from it :lol: . Oh, yeah, learning by breaking.

Of course I got a new hotend assembly from my R3D reseller but in the spirit of Open Source, I wanted to try to fix the one I have "baked" and see if it works with new cables and end connectors too.

It seems that the end connectors in those cables are just ordinary mini PCB/board power connectors but a technical support representative in my reseller told me those could be Raise3D proprietary connectors which sounded really odd as Raise3D is a company upholding Open Source and recreating an ordinary board connector and making proprietary sounded very un-Open-Source and counter-productive.

Any idea where I can get either the whole cables and connectors or just the connectors? And, is it true Raise3D printers use proprietary connectors?

Steven@Raise3D

Re: Thermocouple and thermistor connectors

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:47 am

Louie Morais wrote:Hi all,

I got an e2 whose left hotend's cables (thermistor and thermocouple) got accidentally cut during the removal of a blob and then their connector heads completely melted when I baked the hotend in the oven to remove the rest of the filament from it :lol: . Oh, yeah, learning by breaking.

Of course I got a new hotend assembly from my R3D reseller but in the spirit of Open Source, I wanted to try to fix the one I have "baked" and see if it works with new cables and end connectors too.

It seems that the end connectors in those cables are just ordinary mini PCB/board power connectors but a technical support representative in my reseller told me those could be Raise3D proprietary connectors which sounded really odd as Raise3D is a company upholding Open Source and recreating an ordinary board connector and making proprietary sounded very un-Open-Source and counter-productive.

Any idea where I can get either the whole cables and connectors or just the connectors? And, is it true Raise3D printers use proprietary connectors?

The connectors and components that we use on our printhead are not proprietary however they are already made to the proper length and we do use the best quality components for this specific application. For this particular case, I would suggest replacing the heater rod and thermocouple with new ones or you can also replace the entire hotend assembly which includes the thermocouple and heater rod.

Louie Morais

Re: Thermocouple and thermistor connectors

Postby Louie Morais » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:56 pm

Many thanks, Steven!

Return to “E2”