E2 Bug/wishlist thread

Raise3D_User1

E2 Bug/wishlist thread

Postby Raise3D_User1 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:47 am

So the E2 needs a LOOOOOOT of polish to make it the printer I expected for $3500. I'm sure you have bugs or features you'd like to have heard, too. This thread is for that.

Bugs & Feature Wishlist:
1. Access to camera controls for gamma/iris/etc in the software to improve image quality without the white card trick.
2. Live Z adjust feature so Z can be adjusted on the fly while a print is happening
3. Bigger hit zones for touch items on the menus so I don't have to hit the tiny arrow to access a sub menu. Anywhere on the line should work.
4. Files in local memory don't update properly when they're uploaded to the printer. You have to leave and come back for the list to update. It should auto adjust when a new file appears.
5. Replacement reminder for the HEPA filter (something like a refrigerator water filter reminder) that I can set for some number of months to remind me to change the filter
6. auto calibration with materials other than just PLA (PETG at the very least)
7. Option to display the current firmware version in the red bar at the top of the home screen.
8 Option to enable a small audible beep option when a touchscreen choice is made.
9. Model offset mode for re-prints, either automatically or allowing the user to offset the position of the model on the build plate if "reprint last job" is selected so the model (or models if in duplication mode) do not print in the same location all the time, wearing that out when the rest of the build plate is fine. If this mode is on and it is automatic, it will shift the model one position up on the build plate by the full amount of the size of the base on the model, then keep doing this with each reprint until reaching the end of the build plate, at which point it shifts over (if possible) and goes to the back of the build plate. this will spread the wear evenly on the build surface automatically, instead of just wearing out one (or two in duplication mode) spot.
10. Filament sensor at the extruder rather than the spool so less filament is wasted and the sensor is more reliable.
11. Make ending printing more reliable. Sometimes if I cancel a print while it's warming up, it will be stuck on "stopping print" for a LOOOOONNNGG time. I think this is a bug because usually it is 30-60 seconds. Now, when it does this, I usually just manually power off and reboot like that because it's faster. But it would be nice if I didn't have to do this.
12. The menu system needs a re-think. EVERYTHING to do with Z offset should be on the SAME SCREEN. Jumping all over the place to adjust an extruder is dumb. It's like the current menu system was an internal version designed by the programmers that was accidentally released to the public. Get a UI expert to redesign the menu arrangement and flow.
13. Stop a homing command through the touchscreen interface rather than killing power
14. Monitor motor current and stop the machine when it crashes rather than continuing to grind into the build plate
15. Ability to manually set the height of the extruder without having to probe home before a print

What's on your list? I'll add all bug/wishlists items on this thread to the OP above as I see them, and if I spot bug/wishlist items in other threads, I'll add them here, too, so there's an all-in-one list in one place.
Last edited by Raise3D_User1 on Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:32 am, edited 6 times in total.

Steven@Raise3D

Re: E2 Bug/wishlist thread

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:55 am

Thank you for your feedback. We will go ahead and report these requests to our developers to see about getting them added in a future release of the firmware.

Terje

Postby Terje » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:35 pm

I have a wish on the E2.
The filamentsensor don't work well on pva.
A solution to this can be separate on/off sensor on left/right extuder. Usually it use only a small amount of pva so filamentsensor on right extuder is not that important.

Steven@Raise3D

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:23 am

Terje wrote:I have a wish on the E2.
The filamentsensor don't work well on pva.
A solution to this can be separate on/off sensor on left/right extuder. Usually it use only a small amount of pva so filamentsensor on right extuder is not that important.

The filament sensors should work with most materials with the exception of some translucent materials. However, with PVA they typically work. If you would like you can generate a support ticket and one of our support engineers could assist you.

Raise3D_User1

Postby Raise3D_User1 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:43 am

Another couple wishlist items:
A> Model offset mode for re-prints, either automatically or allowing the user to offset the position of the model on the build plate if "reprint last job" is selected so the model (or models if in duplication mode) do not print in the same location all the time, wearing that out when the rest of the build plate is fine. If this mode is on and it is automatic, it will shift the model one position up on the build plate by the full amount of the size of the base on the model, then keep doing this with each reprint until reaching the end of the build plate, at which point it shifts over (if possible) and goes to the back of the build plate. this will spread the wear evenly on the build surface automatically, instead of just wearing out one (or two in duplication mode) spot.

B> Make ending printing more reliable. Sometimes if I cancel a print while it's warming up, it will be stuck on "stopping print" for a LOOOOONNNGG time. I think this is a bug because usually it is 30-60 seconds. Now, when it does this, I usually just manually power off and reboot like that because it's faster. But it would be nice if I didn't have to do this.

C> The menu system needs a re-think. EVERYTHING to do with Z offset should be on the SAME SCREEN. Jumping all over the place to adjust an extruder is dumb. It's like the current menu system was an internal version designed by the programmers that was accidentally released to the public. Get a UI expert to redesign the menu arrangement and flow.

I've added this to the main list in the OP, and will add any other user feature requests to the main list as they appear her as well, so there is one post that will contain all the bug fix and feature requests in one place.

Steven@Raise3D

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:14 am

Raise3D_User1 wrote:Another couple wishlist items:
A> Model offset mode for re-prints, either automatically or allowing the user to offset the position of the model on the build plate if "reprint last job" is selected so the model (or models if in duplication mode) do not print in the same location all the time, wearing that out when the rest of the build plate is fine. If this mode is on and it is automatic, it will shift the model one position up on the build plate by the full amount of the size of the base on the model, then keep doing this with each reprint until reaching the end of the build plate, at which point it shifts over (if possible) and goes to the back of the build plate. this will spread the wear evenly on the build surface automatically, instead of just wearing out one (or two in duplication mode) spot.

B> Make ending printing more reliable. Sometimes if I cancel a print while it's warming up, it will be stuck on "stopping print" for a LOOOOONNNGG time. I think this is a bug because usually it is 30-60 seconds. Now, when it does this, I usually just manually power off and reboot like that because it's faster. But it would be nice if I didn't have to do this.

C> The menu system needs a re-think. EVERYTHING to do with Z offset should be on the SAME SCREEN. Jumping all over the place to adjust an extruder is dumb. It's like the current menu system was an internal version designed by the programmers that was accidentally released to the public. Get a UI expert to redesign the menu arrangement and flow.

I've added this to the main list in the OP, and will add any other user feature requests to the main list as they appear her as well, so there is one post that will contain all the bug fix and feature requests in one place.

Thank you for your feedback. I will go ahead and send this to our Raisetouch developers to see if it something that can be implemented in a future release of the firmware.

Return to “E2”