Raise3D Yellow PLA

Bikeracer

Raise3D Yellow PLA

Postby Bikeracer » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:06 am

Has anything been done regarding the issue with the filament sensor fitted to the E2 continually pausing prints using Raise3D Yellow PLA .

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Raise3D Yellow PLA

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:00 am

Would you like to help check whether you can see the same issue with both left and right sides?

Bikeracer

Postby Bikeracer » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:43 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Would you like to help check whether you can see the same issue with both left and right sides?

Yes, it's the same both sides.
https://forum.raise3d.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=20776
The same sensor fits either side, my first E2 was returned for replacement because by then it had had three sensor changes.
It wasn't until I received my replacement printer and immediately started having sensor issues again that I tried some Blue PLA and "Voila" no more sensor problem.
Red, White or Blue have not given me any problems, I have yet to try some Orange but if that gives me problems I will probably ask for a replacement reel with a colour that does work.

What really suprises me is that the sensor fails with your own brand of solid colour Yellow PLA, perhaps it should noted in the sensor description on the Raise3D website.

My supplier has been absolutely first class with their after sales service, but after three sensor replacements and then supplying a replacement printer because of problems with every sensor that was fitted, they now have a used printer in their warehouse and all because the optical sensor only works intermittently with your own brand of Yellow PLA.
Last edited by Bikeracer on Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:00 pm

Would you mind PM me the serial number of your printer and the name of your supplier?
We want to check more details with your supplier of your printer and the replaced printer on your supplier's hand.

Bikeracer

Postby Bikeracer » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:14 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Would you mind PM me the serial number of your printer and the name of your supplier?
We want to check more details with your supplier of your printer and the replaced printer on your supplier's hand.

Forgot to include my suppliers name in the PM I sent.
It is 3DGBIRE in the UK and they have been absolutely outstanding with their customer service.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:57 pm

Thanks for the update.
We will contact with them directly when we need more information.

Return to “E2”