Buying Nozzles

liquidmonkey

Buying Nozzles

Postby liquidmonkey » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:40 am

I would like to print some abrasive materials, glow in the dark, metal filled etc and the only nozzle I see is the V3 Hardened nozzle from Raise3d.

Ive seen numerous posts with people saying those nozzles only have a coating which is garbage.

Can someone confirm if they r steel or just coated?

I see other brands offering steel nozzles but I'm not sure if they will fit the E2.
If it says 'V3', is that good enough or what else should I look for?

I'm looking for 0.4 for glow in the dark to start with but want to get into copper filled later on too.

tia

FOGD.NO

Re: Buying Nozzles

Postby FOGD.NO » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:48 am

liquidmonkey wrote:I would like to print some abrasive materials, glow in the dark, metal filled etc and the only nozzle I see is the V3 Hardened nozzle from Raise3d.

Ive seen numerous posts with people saying those nozzles only have a coating which is garbage.

Can someone confirm if they r steel or just coated?

I see other brands offering steel nozzles but I'm not sure if they will fit the E2.
If it says 'V3', is that good enough or what else should I look for?

I'm looking for 0.4 for glow in the dark to start with but want to get into copper filled later on too.

tia

Coated, and mine was ruined after printing 2.5kg Carbon.

I changed my E2 to Slice Engineer Copperhead since it is a direct swap, just need a new heater from E3D. Then you are able to use normal V6 style nozzle that is steel. https://youtu.be/YoPA16PNtb4

Other method is to buy 3DJake steel nozzles that fit Pro/E2.

Blue21

Postby Blue21 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:13 pm

My understanding from https://www.raise3d.com/products/v3-brass-nozzle-0-4mm-pro2-series-printer-only/ and some threads is that what nozzle is compatible to PRO2 should work with E2.

I planned to buy this one: https://www.3djake.com/brozzl/hardened-steel-nozzle-for-the-raise3d-pro2
E2 + Prusa Mini (soon) <- UM 2+ <- Replicator2

liquidmonkey

Postby liquidmonkey » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:51 am

Thank you both.
I had wondered if Pro2 stuff fits the E2.

It would be great if someone from Raise3d could confirm this.

But yeah, those at 3djake look good. Thanks for the link!!

FOGD.NO

Postby FOGD.NO » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:39 pm

liquidmonkey wrote:Thank you both.
I had wondered if Pro2 stuff fits the E2.

It would be great if someone from Raise3d could confirm this.

But yeah, those at 3djake look good. Thanks for the link!!

Pro2 and E2 nozzles are the same

zemlin

Postby zemlin » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:29 pm

Been printing a bunch of glass-filled ABS. Compared an A2 hardened nozzle and an Olsson Ruby (both .6mm dia). Ran a bunch of Carbon filled nylon for another job and was doing well with the Ruby on the glass ABS. I tried the A2 nozzle on the glass ABS and got inconsistent prints - seems the nozzle was wearing. I could not see anything definite for wear, but when I went back to the ruby the issues went away.

If you plan to print a lot of abrasive materials, investing in a ruby nozzle seems to be worthwhile.

Blue21

Postby Blue21 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:24 pm

zemlin wrote:Been printing a bunch of glass-filled ABS. Compared an A2 hardened nozzle and an Olsson Ruby (both .6mm dia). Ran a bunch of Carbon filled nylon for another job and was doing well with the Ruby on the glass ABS. I tried the A2 nozzle on the glass ABS and got inconsistent prints - seems the nozzle was wearing. I could not see anything definite for wear, but when I went back to the ruby the issues went away.

If you plan to print a lot of abrasive materials, investing in a ruby nozzle seems to be worthwhile.

Do you know the exact model of Olsson Ruby compatible with E2 or PRO2 you used?

At 4 times the price of a A2 noozle, I don't want to make a mistake in the purchase ;) Also brass is probably better for heat transfert than steel and there are probably temperature adjustment needed in case of steel nozzle.

On my the reseller (https://www.dim3nsions.ch/the-olsson-ruby.html), I see:
Std 21315404
MK8 21315414
HO 21315424

In compatibilty list on Olsson werbsite (https://olssonruby.com/compatibility/#compatibility_list) the E2 or PRO2 is not listed, the PRO2 is said as not compatible:

The Olsson Ruby is NOT compatible with the Raise3D Pro2 series due to a change in the heat break geometry.

FOGD.NO

Postby FOGD.NO » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:07 pm

For me the convert to Slice Engineer copperhead made a lot more sense. A few $$ at first, but sooo much easier when I just need to look for V6 nozzles that I could get almost everywhere.

First head took me a bit to mount, but the right head I changed in 7-8 min total.

zemlin

Postby zemlin » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:09 pm

Blue21 wrote:Do you know the exact model of Olsson Ruby compatible with E2 or PRO2 you used?
Nope, because I print with an N2/N2+. Shame on me for not noticing this was in the E2 subforum.

Solex makes ruby nozzles compatible with the Pro.

Blue21

Postby Blue21 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:06 pm

zemlin wrote:
Blue21 wrote:Do you know the exact model of Olsson Ruby compatible with E2 or PRO2 you used?
Nope, because I print with an N2/N2+. Shame on me for not noticing this was in the E2 subforum.

Solex makes ruby nozzles compatible with the Pro.

Thanks, they are available at my reseller.

Return to “E2”