GP Race Works - Raise 3D E2

GPRaceWorks

GP Race Works - Raise 3D E2

Postby GPRaceWorks » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:27 pm

Hay all. New to the world of 3D printing, and just ordered an E2. Its mainly to teach my son as part of his schooling, but plan to produce one off parts for car builds, jigs, and fixtures.

Question I have is this: what are good settings for Matter Hackers NylonX? Nozzle size? Speed? Temperature?

I have a CNC plasma that is a big learning curve, so hopefully this won't be too painful.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: GP Race Works - Raise 3D E2

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:05 am

We haven't released a template for MatterHacker NylonX at the moment, however it is something that we are working on. As a good rule for all CF or GF infused Nylon's you will need a hardened nozzle (No smaller that 0.4mm) as well as some bed adheasives. We find PVP gluestick or Magigoo to work best.

GPRaceWorks

Postby GPRaceWorks » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:11 pm

What bed temperature?
Print speed?
Other recommendation on settings?

How long before you will release the template for CF?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:32 am

I haven't got a firm timeline on when we will have the template released from testing team yet.
A good starting point for tuning a template for 3rd part materials is start with the recommendation from the filament manufacturer. Then tune based on the prints to achive the desired results.

Engineer87

Postby Engineer87 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:24 am

If you're starting from scratch, consider 3dxtech filled filaments. They are material scientists, not just a distributor.
I had seen some head to head tests on the different carbon fiber filled nylons, and nylonx was weaker than all the tested filled filaments with 3dxtech being the best. I cant seem to find that report anymore, but that is my 2 cents.
Also, magigoo sells a type specifically PA filaments.
Ill be working on one of 3dxtechs glass filled nylons soon. Ill. Keep an eye out for it in the filament settings section.

Return to “E2”