Filament sensor stopping prints

Bikeracer

Re: Filament sensor stopping prints

Postby Bikeracer » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:32 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:This error should not have anything to do with the filament or the extruder. It says MaxTemp which means the printer detects abnormal high temperature out of regular range. There's probably something wrong with the temperature detecting electronics.

I quite agree, however after having a machine that had the board incorrectly connected, ongoing filament sensor fails (just fitted my third one) and lights that seem to have a mind of their own as to whether they actually want to switch on and then don't want to switch off again, my printer is being returned today to my supplier.

I realise the light problem could be down to the processor being busy, but does the light control really need to be dependent on the processor if that's the case. The screen light will always switch on or off regardles, but the main light switching is very iffy.

I do really like this printer and have not seen anything else that comes near it that I could afford, it was a big ask financially to buy this one, so I hope my UK supplier can make everything right.

WayZada

Postby WayZada » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:19 pm

I'm in the same position here in the US. My supplier is working with me - if i can get issues resolved in the next week I will keep it, but if not they will take it back and i can get something else.

Are you looking at other units? I'm considering the BCN3D Sigma or SigMax as alternatives. Cost goes up, but they come with BondTech extruders and have comparable capabilities. (but you pay for it!)

Bikeracer

Postby Bikeracer » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:43 pm

My printer was collected today and my supplier tells me they will have it on the bench and do some investigating of various issues.
Whether they sort and return it or feel they need replace it I'm happy to stay with the E2.

I like the general good build quality and as long as any issues get sorted I think the E2 is hard to beat, not that I have much experience of 3D printers, but I especially like the direct drive extruders and the build volume.

I had a Flashforge Creator 3 for a brief spell and thought that was a reasonable machine at the time, except it could not print supports with one extruder and do the print with the other, or rather it couldn't do it without offsetting consecutive layers. The fans were also extremely noisy, so that went back for a refund.

When I looked at the BCN3D there were none available at the time so I got the E2, at least it's from a supplier that seems to be trying hard for customers. As long as Raise3D don't let them down I think things will work out okay.

WayZada

Postby WayZada » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:31 pm

I hope the issues get sorted, for both of us!

Bikeracer

Postby Bikeracer » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:45 pm

WayZada wrote:I hope the issues get sorted, for both of us!

Received a brand spanking new printer today..
3DGBIRE in the UK have awsome customer service, it was also checked for correct fan connections before they sent it.

KTLBuild

Postby KTLBuild » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:21 pm

Apologies if this post is old enough that Im necroposting but... this is the same situation with my E2 printer right now. So far, I am doing one extruder prints, and mostly with the black which happens to be loaded on the first extruder. My error mentions "Heater1", so I am wanting to try and print again today but maybe move my black filament to the right extruder (Heater2) and see if I can do a print with that.

Back in November or so, I had run into some MaxTemp Exceeded errors and ended up raising a trouble ticket in the official Support channels. They had concern that the extruder connector cable of my left side (heater1) was off. They walked me through some steps and looked at my log, and I ended up replacing that connector cable. Part of me just wants to assume that its the same thing happening again (and with the same side extruder too) but..... this time I find that the MaxTemp exceeded error is not showing up in a consistent enough fashion, so Id rather check in here than assume.

Steven@Raise3D

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:44 am

KTLBuild wrote:Apologies if this post is old enough that Im necroposting but... this is the same situation with my E2 printer right now. So far, I am doing one extruder prints, and mostly with the black which happens to be loaded on the first extruder. My error mentions "Heater1", so I am wanting to try and print again today but maybe move my black filament to the right extruder (Heater2) and see if I can do a print with that.

Back in November or so, I had run into some MaxTemp Exceeded errors and ended up raising a trouble ticket in the official Support channels. They had concern that the extruder connector cable of my left side (heater1) was off. They walked me through some steps and looked at my log, and I ended up replacing that connector cable. Part of me just wants to assume that its the same thing happening again (and with the same side extruder too) but..... this time I find that the MaxTemp exceeded error is not showing up in a consistent enough fashion, so Id rather check in here than assume.

I would suggest creating a support ticket so that one of our technical support engineers could better assist you in getting this issue resolved.

KTLBuild

Postby KTLBuild » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:18 pm

Okay. I will.

Bikeracer

Postby Bikeracer » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:23 am

WayZada wrote:I'm in the same position here in the US. My supplier is working with me - if i can get issues resolved in the next week I will keep it, but if not they will take it back and i can get something else.

Are you looking at other units? I'm considering the BCN3D Sigma or SigMax as alternatives. Cost goes up, but they come with BondTech extruders and have comparable capabilities. (but you pay for it!)

After nine months of owning the replacement E2 it was sent back with a printing problem, my supplier in the UK had to liase with Raise 3d who in turn then needed to liase with China and the resulting delays without a satisfactory answer meant I had no printer for nearly five weeks.
Most of this delay was caused by Raise3D's policy of not directly supporting customers in other countries.

The upshot of this Raise3D policy is that I now no longer have the E2 and have a bought a BCN printer.

Return to “E2”