E2 Motion controller firmware says install failed

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: E2 Motion controller firmware says install failed

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:43 pm

Thanks for your comments.
Your issue looks very likely related to Motion Controller Board. As we don't offer direct sales in EU, so you can only reach to our sales partners in your region to get the parts for you.

Blue21

Postby Blue21 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:19 am

I fully understand the sales process of Raise3D, I had to go to my local reseller to buy extra HEPA filter or build plate that cannot be ordered directly from raise3d.com (I assume also not from raise3d.cn but I don't read Chinese).

But to get more deep advise than what can be got from a forum, I would have expected to get technical support from the manufacturer, not from my reseller.

At the current level, I need to know if I need, based on the serial log, to do some actions like:
- do nothing but sounds risky for a machine used daily in a business
- ask for warranty repair
- get a new board from my reseller
- order a new board from my reseller

I would have expected a more efficient and more fast support for such level of printer.

Can you confirm if the raise3d.com ticket support is exclusively for US customers and that direct support is only for US and China ? This is important for me in the future.
E2 + Prusa Mini <- UM 2+ <- Replicator2

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:17 am

So far, I don't see any issue on your printer not safe to use at the moment before the new board arrives. The only issue seems only the firmware update issue.

For users in EU, all direct support are assigned to our sales partners to follow-up. If they are not providing service meeting your satification, please shoot an email to inquiry@raise3d.com. We will ask our EU team to see how to help and also improve.

Blue21

Postby Blue21 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:01 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:So far, I don't see any issue on your printer not safe to use at the moment before the new board arrives. The only issue seems only the firmware update issue.

For users in EU, all direct support are assigned to our sales partners to follow-up. If they are not providing service meeting your satification, please shoot an email to inquiry@raise3d.com. We will ask our EU team to see how to help and also improve.

Thanks for the answer. At the moment I my reseller wait for the answer from raise3d. So let's be patient.
E2 + Prusa Mini <- UM 2+ <- Replicator2

hbertacc

Postby hbertacc » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:07 pm

I have the same error 2000 message for the installation of Motion Controller Board Firmware to version 0.2.506 (2020-05-18 03:10:26).
My printer is set up for automatic upgrade over the network and I saw the error message on the printer this morning (the printer was printing overnight).
I restarted the printer and tried to do a manual upgrade and got the same error message.
The printer firmware is 0.1.1029.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:14 am

Would you mind share an image of the error message here?

Return to “E2”