E2 user manual

Blue21

E2 user manual

Postby Blue21 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:14 pm

Hi, is there any user manual with more details other than the Quick start guide pdf in the download section ?

Pending questions:
- What is the use of the steel rod (1mm diameter 350 mm length) that is delivered with the printer ? Is it the "Nozzle Cleaning Kit" that is indicated in the quick start guide ? Need some explanation how to use that for that purpose :)
- I found by chance that the camera on the printer can be set for resolution and mine was not set at maximum. Is it somewhere stated what and how such setting can be done ?

I got the E2 only since a week but I am very impressed. Without any manual adjustment or calibration the first kg of PLA went as a piece of cake. And the handling of the printer over the network is a charm when you are in use of a Ultimaker 2+ with all the handling of SD cards (printer was too fare from computer for reliable USB).

If somebody has any idea to point me to best practice regarding workflow (template, filament types ... how to organize all this), I welcome it. That's really workflow, not what temperature for this or that material.
Thanks in advance.
E2 + Prusa Mini <- UM 2+ <- Replicator2

Harko

Re: E2 user manual

Postby Harko » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:41 am

I second that. I also have my E2 for one week now, and I'm impressed about how well things go without the manual. But still it would be helpful to have some more written support. For instance, my camera was switched off, but I did not even see the resolution setting. So yes, a manual is helpful, but the the machine is awesome.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:47 pm

The intended use for the steel rod included in the accessories kit is to help clear any jams from the printhead or hotend should they occur. This guide will show the intended use case: https://support.raise3d.com/E2/how-to-remove-the-jam-20-1147.html 
You can change the camera resolution and frame rate by selecting the settings gear icon and clicking the camera tab, then select the small wrench in the bottom right-hand corner. 

Blue21

Postby Blue21 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:43 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:The intended use for the steel rod included in the accessories kit is to help clear any jams from the printhead or hotend should they occur. This guide will show the intended use case: https://support.raise3d.com/E2/how-to-remove-the-jam-20-1147.html 
You can change the camera resolution and frame rate by selecting the settings gear icon and clicking the camera tab, then select the small wrench in the bottom right-hand corner. 

Thanks for the info, currently I had a question about where to see timelapse after enabled (by luck I see that settings in the interface). I found the info in the PRO2 on-line manual and assumed it is also same for E2, which is the case.

Will there be also an downloadable on-line manual for the E2 as it is for N and PRO2 ? For current user, it will be probably too late but as the printer is quite new, it will probably help future users.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:23 am

Timelapse can be found in the print tab under dashboard.
We are currently working on more guides for the machine and they should be release to download in the future.

Michael_3D

Postby Michael_3D » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:45 am

I switched to the E2 and will have it in about 10 days. I came here looking for the same thing as everyone else (other than you Vicky - you keep us informed). The more info I have, the more confident I am. I am a reader and a writer....so, content on "paper" even virtual, is what I always seek. Keep us informed so we can get it when it available.
Are there any E2 videos ?
-----------------------
Michael Sturgeon, PhD :shock:
Research Consultant / 3D Printing / Asst. Professor
Lee University; Cleveland, TN

Blue21

Postby Blue21 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:49 am

Thanks Vicky, that's a very nice function, just need to keep the LED on :( what I forget in my first try.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:41 am

Michael_3D wrote:I switched to the E2 and will have it in about 10 days. I came here looking for the same thing as everyone else (other than you Vicky - you keep us informed). The more info I have, the more confident I am. I am a reader and a writer....so, content on "paper" even virtual, is what I always seek. Keep us informed so we can get it when it available.
Are there any E2 videos ?

You can find E2 videos in our YouTube Channel. Just go search Raise3D on YouTube you will see us.

neslekkim

Postby neslekkim » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:57 pm

There are loads and loads of settings on the printer, since there are no manual (online would do) how can we find what all of these means?, or what to adjust?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:37 pm

You can find some documents related to E2 here:
https://support.raise3d.com/list.html?cid=20&pid=-1
And some documents for E2 touchscreen here:
https://support.raise3d.com/tree.html?cid=17&sid=1233

We are working on more and better documents for E2.

Blue21

Postby Blue21 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:44 pm

Thanks Vicky.

neslekkim

Postby neslekkim » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:53 am

Ah, great!

Return to “E2”