E2 Hotends oozing

Raise3D_User1

E2 Hotends oozing

Postby Raise3D_User1 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:33 am

I have two E2s. On the newest one, I was getting a lot of stringing and I couldn't figure it out. I finally decided to try to change the nozzles and when I took off the extruder bezel, it was obvious what was causing the stringing. The vertical "crevices" in the hotend block that have the screws (?) in them at the bottom are oozing very dark (burned?) filament. I cleaned it up and tried printing and it was already starting to very slowly ooze again.

So what is the cause for this oozing and what to I adjust to fix it? The nozzle seemed tight enough and it's not oozing at the nozzle, but above the nozzle. Both of them are doing this, but the left extruder is much worse than the right. The older E2 does not have this problem.

Steven@Raise3D

Re: E2 Hotends oozing

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:51 am

It is very rare that a nozzle would come loose from the factory. However, if the hotend was stock and was leaking I would suggest creating a support ticket so that we can take a look into getting you a replacement hotend.

Raise3D_User1

Postby Raise3D_User1 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:53 am

Okay, I decided maybe the nozzle wasn't set completely tight from the factory and the filament was coming out of the top of the nozzle and oozing into the block and out the cracks in the front of the block. So I removed and replaced both nozzles, making sure they were re-installed tight. When I removed them, the left side was much easier to loosen than the right, which explains a lot.

I'm printing again now, and I don't see any oozing from either side, so that might have been the problem. I'll know for sure when this print finishes in the morning.

Steven@Raise3D

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:08 pm

Thanks for the update. Please let us know how the print results turn out.

Raise3D_User1

Postby Raise3D_User1 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:51 pm

Steven@Raise3D wrote:Thanks for the update. Please let us know how the print results turn out.

Problem solved. It was loose nozzles (left more than right) from the factory. Removing and re-installing them completely solved the issue. No oozing from the crack in the front of the hotend block anymore on either extruder even after a 5 hour dual extruder mirror print.

The fact that the oozing was coming out of the top of the nozzle and oozing UP the hotend pipe and also out the crack/slot on the front of the hotend block is what confused me and made me reject the nozzle as the problem. On other 3D printers, a loose nozzle caused oozing at the point where the nozzle tip met the block, so it was obvious what was happening.

Anyway, fixed now.

larselektriker

Postby larselektriker » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:34 am

same problem here .... ;(

Steven@Raise3D

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:16 pm

Thanks for the update. I will forward this to our developers to ensure that issues like this do not occur again in the future.

Jayzon21

Postby Jayzon21 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:58 pm

SAME

Ryan@Raise3D

Postby Ryan@Raise3D » Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:24 am

For your issue can I have you create a support ticket at help.raise3d.com and one of our support technicians will help you out.

Return to “E2”