Loading filament difficult on e2

RiserDog

Loading filament difficult on e2

Postby RiserDog » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:39 pm

Had my E2 almost a year and it prints very smooth prints. Loading and unloading filament is a chore though, every time. To unload I sometimes have to really pull the filament to get it out. When loading, I have to take the tension arm screw off every time and pivot it out of the way. Then I have to carefully straighten the filament and try to get into the cone. I usually need a small screwdriver to help push the filament into the cone. :geek:

Ryan@Raise3D

Re: Loading filament difficult on e2

Postby Ryan@Raise3D » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:33 am

Your method of loading the machine is a bit extreme and this should not be necessary for standard loading, the only thing you may need to do is cut the end of the filament to a point to allow the end of the filament to more easily feed into the hot end. Can you send some pictures of the internal part of your extruder so we can see what could be causing your issues?

LeftAngle

Re: Loading filament difficult on e2

Postby LeftAngle » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:21 am

It sounds like Riser might not be disconnecting the feeder tube from the extruder when changing filaments. Cutting an angle on new material does help initial feeding and threading it all the way through the disconnected tube so it protrudes a few inches from the end will allow the filament to be handled, inserted and drawn into the extruder with no issue. Insert the hose back into the locking collar and you’re in business.
Removing it is easy as well. Lift up on the locking collar and pull the tube away, exposing the filament. With the extruder doing the work gently pull the filament out. Trying to insert and remove filament by pushing and pulling from the spool end may be the issue here.

Return to “E2”