Pro2 Overheating.

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
claytony565

Pro2 Overheating.

Postby claytony565 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:41 pm

Thought I would give the community a heads up, I just purchased a Pro2 for work and we have had it for just under a month. We are having some serious issues with the nozzles overheating. This has happened a few times where the print temperature shown on the touchscreen has dropped drastically and stays put and it is then followed by crystallized PLA spewing out of the nozzles. The biggest issue is we get NO ERRORS when this happens, it simply begins smoking and smells like something is burning before we have to manually stop the print. This seems like a safety issue so I wanted to share it with the community to take precaution when printing on the Pro2. I have included some pictures of the most recent error, as you can see the temperature reads well below what it should be and the second picture is a blob of PLA that has become crystallized. The brown piece used to be white. I will add that I have started a ticket for this and I will keep updating as I come to a solution, but this seemed important to share.
Attachments
IMG_0774.JPG
IMG_0770.JPG

Korni

Re: Pro2 Overheating.

Postby Korni » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:46 pm

Every new day, new problems .... :-(

THX for this Info !!
Pro2+ Image

Stefan J. Trucker

Postby Stefan J. Trucker » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:41 am

sounds like the thermistor got loose

check the screws on your Heaterblock
Be creative, be independent, be you!

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:27 am

Please submit a support ticket at help.raise3d.com. We want to get more detail information about the current temperature issue you are meeting with.
Have you ever tried with move the extruder around manually with nozzles not heating and check whether the temperature values change on screen or not.

claytony565

Postby claytony565 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:17 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Please submit a support ticket at help.raise3d.com. We want to get more detail information about the current temperature issue you are meeting with.
Have you ever tried with move the extruder around manually with nozzles not heating and check whether the temperature values change on screen or not.

I have opened a ticket and I am awaiting response. I have been able to recreate it that way, but it is inconsistent. I am actually able to successfully print items, but every 3 or 4 prints it happens.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:42 pm

I will recommend that not using the printer temporarily until we figure out the root cause and fix it. Or overheating will cause a damage.

claytony565

Postby claytony565 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:41 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:I will recommend that not using the printer temporarily until we figure out the root cause and fix it. Or overheating will be damage.

My biggest concern is the lack of an error when there is a 150+ temperature reading swing. It shouldn't compensate for that by immediately starting to heat up.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:48 pm

Yes, you are right. Let's try to figure out which part is the root cause, then see whether we can find any solution for this issue to either adding error report or other checking or warning steps for safety.

gillotte

Postby gillotte » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:21 am

I had a similar problem with the temp values wildly swinging. It was due to loose cabling on the extruder top. I resolved it by applying hot glue to the cable connectors to hold them in place.

Return to “General”