Page 1 of 1

3D Printing Nerd: Raise3D N2+ Unboxing and First Use

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:14 pm
by GnoStiC
The Raise3D printers are quite a sight to be seen, and the N2+ is easily the biggest enclosed 3D printer I've ever unboxed and used. The box comes on it's own pallet. Crazytown. In this video I unbox the printer and attempt to put it through it's first use. What happens? Watch and find out!


Image

Re: 3D Printing Nerd: Raise3D N2+ Unboxing and First Use

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:56 pm
by woofy
I suggest you put some more effort into securing the build plate with those clips or it will move.
Also, are there some filament tubes in the box?
Looking forward to part 2.

Raise3D.
My N2+ olny came with the red & yellow premium filaments. Am I missing two rolls of standard filament?

Re: 3D Printing Nerd: Raise3D N2+ Unboxing and First Use

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:37 pm
by Evan
You get one roll per extruder

Re: 3D Printing Nerd: Raise3D N2+ Unboxing and First Use

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:59 pm
by John@Raise3D
woofy wrote:I suggest you put some more effort into securing the build plate with those clips or it will move.
Also, are there some filament tubes in the box?
Looking forward to part 2.

Raise3D.
My N2+ olny came with the red & yellow premium filaments. Am I missing two rolls of standard filament?


You are not missing anything.
The review is for Raise3D N2 Plus Dual and Raise3D Standard PLA filament.
Since we recently released this collection of PLA filament with 27 color options, we want Joel to review that as well.

Re: 3D Printing Nerd: Raise3D N2+ Unboxing and First Use

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:00 am
by Julia Truchsess
I mentioned exactly the same disappointment with the lack of pre-sliced models on the USB stick to the Raise team back in February. It really would improve the fun of the moment and out-of-the-box experience if you didn't then have to sit down and learn the slicer before being able to see the machine work.

Re: 3D Printing Nerd: Raise3D N2+ Unboxing and First Use

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 am
by theRenegade
Julia Truchsess wrote:I mentioned exactly the same disappointment with the lack of pre-sliced models on the USB stick to the Raise team back in February. It really would improve the fun of the moment and out-of-the-box experience if you didn't then have to sit down and learn the slicer before being able to see the machine work.


I 'mentioned' exactly the same in May after receiving my Raise...

Re: 3D Printing Nerd: Raise3D N2+ Unboxing and First Use

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:14 pm
by John@Raise3D
Sorry for that and we will put some pre-sliced file in.

Re: 3D Printing Nerd: Raise3D N2+ Unboxing and First Use

Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:19 am
by Helipilot
John@Raise3D wrote:Sorry for that and we will put some pre-sliced file in.


Maybe post the sliced file in Download section on your website.

Re: 3D Printing Nerd: Raise3D N2+ Unboxing and First Use

Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:42 am
by John@Raise3D
Helipilot wrote:
John@Raise3D wrote:Sorry for that and we will put some pre-sliced file in.


Maybe post the sliced file in Download section on your website.


Good idea!

Re: 3D Printing Nerd: Raise3D N2+ Unboxing and First Use

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:45 pm
by GnoStiC
The unboxing of the Raise3D N2+ 3d printer left me, and most of you, wanting more. I've got the printer printing, and just a small issue to work out before I can consider it ready to go for long prints. Here I update you on the printer, address the build plate clips issue, and apparently stay up way, way too late.


Image