Forum error pictures linked in incorrect order in post

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
Jetguy

Forum error pictures linked in incorrect order in post

Postby Jetguy » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:54 pm

I cannot find the previous topic I opened on this but just now it happened again.

I specifically placed "inline" pictures in an order after uploading them in a post and yet the instant I hit post, the forum revered the order!!!
This is very frustrating when trying to post tutorials and help sections that need a certain picture to line up to certain text or order in a forum post.

Here is that failed example.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4508&p=21075#p21075

The bad version should be first followed by the good version, yet they are reversed order. YES, I know the files names of the pictures and yes, I put them in the correct order, yet the forum completely dorks this up.
Forum reversing images.jpg

The placement DOES NOT match what edit shows
Forum reversing images-edit.jpg

Jetguy

Re: Forum error pictures linked in incorrect order in post

Postby Jetguy » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:55 pm

In fact, while making this post, it actually dorked it up and I had to edit it during preview before clicking post to make this post correct.

Vice Chief

Postby Vice Chief » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:16 am

PHPBB does this wacky thing where the attachment has an "ID" that changes as you upload additional content. It starts at index 1. Try attaching even the same image several times to a post, and inserting them inline, you can watch it happen.

If you go back and edit your post, you'll see that you can change the attachment="whatever" section to different IDs, and it will reorder your pictures. I agree, it's tres annoying. Especially since I often generate jpgs and stuff as I'm writing out an explanation, and it's screwing up whatever work I'd previously done.

Michael.P@Raise3D

Postby Michael.P@Raise3D » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:20 pm

I have not notices this happening before, Ill have the admin take a look as soon as they can. Thanks for bringing this up in a new thread.
Michael Petitclerc, Technician
Tel: +888 963 9028
Web: http://www.raise3d.com

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:09 pm

It happens most if say you click upload and select more than one picture at a time. They all upload and list down at the bottom of the edit window. Then I go and start inserting in the middle of the text sections I previously made and use the "insert inline" button.
And then you look at it in the edit window and the names are all correct and locations, but you preview and it's all out of whack. Then if you post it's all out of whack.

So what the cause appears to be is this linkage. The PHPBB is tagging the file and internal ID, and while the files section should have this linkage of name to actual item correct, it's at this stage where the error appears to be happening.

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:09 pm

Also, the max number of pictures in any one post is 5.
That's annoying too when trying to walk through a process of screenshots.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:02 am

I tried to reproduce the same bug as you said.
Attached 5 pictures and marked them to be 1-5. Selected and uploaded them together.
12.png

Set order to be 21543
14.png
14.png (4.5 KiB) Viewed 2030 times

Then check Preview and it shows as I defined and found the order goes wrong, from 21543 to 21534.
16.png

I checked the my attach code one more time, which turns to be
14.png
14.png (4.5 KiB) Viewed 2030 times

Switch the attachment's ID of 3 and 4 to be 4 and 5 as the ID order.
15.png
Then the display order back to normal.
17.png

Still trying to find out the main reason why the ID order of 3 and 4 has been messed up.

Return to “General”