Idea Maker slicing putting in bridging that is not needed

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
Old-Duckman

Idea Maker slicing putting in bridging that is not needed

Postby Old-Duckman » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:42 pm

I print mainly samples of parts that will be extruded vinyl when produced from the factory. I have printed hundreds of extrusions and the slicing program has never before put bridging in the hollows of the extrusions.

The last two prints I have run through the slicing program have bridging. These just get in my way and have to be removed and serve no purpose that I can see in a print of a straight up extrusion.

How can I shut bridging off? I have looked in the "edit" "other" and unchecked "enable bridging detection", re-ran the slicing program and the bridging was still there. I printed the file and the bridging was in the print.

I have attached the ".idea" file, the Gcode file was too large to attach. I hope this helps.

Please help.
Attachments
BX510rev01.idea
(4.88 MiB) Downloaded 27 times

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Idea Maker slicing putting in bridging that is not needed

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:50 am

Would you like share to .data file with us? Cant find bridging structure from teh sliced file.
Image_20220112185053.png

Old-Duckman

Postby Old-Duckman » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:20 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Would you like share to .data file with us? Cant find bridging structure from teh sliced file.
BX510rev01.data
(44.56 KiB) Downloaded 25 times

My mistake on the similar colors then. So this orange shade is "solid fill". It does one thin (nearly see thru) pass/layer and continues on as normal.

That being the case, (misreading the color as "bridging") how do I stop it from making these single layer "solid fill" areas. The one file I printed had only one "solid fill" layer. The file I am printing now has several at various heights of the "extrusion".

Data file attached.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:33 am

Seems the structure lines are not being sliced out properly. Please modify Merge Nearby Lines to be 0.02mm to fix the issue.
https://www.ideamaker.io/dictionaryDeta ... name=Layer

Old-Duckman

Postby Old-Duckman » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:31 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Seems the structure lines are not being sliced out properly. Please modify Merge Nearby Lines to be 0.02mm to fix the issue.
https://www.ideamaker.io/dictionaryDeta ... name=Layer

Thank you Vicky, that worked !

Return to “General”