Idea Maker slicing putting in bridging that is not needed

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
Old-Duckman

Idea Maker slicing putting in bridging that is not needed

Postby Old-Duckman » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:42 pm

I print mainly samples of parts that will be extruded vinyl when produced from the factory. I have printed hundreds of extrusions and the slicing program has never before put bridging in the hollows of the extrusions.

The last two prints I have run through the slicing program have bridging. These just get in my way and have to be removed and serve no purpose that I can see in a print of a straight up extrusion.

How can I shut bridging off? I have looked in the "edit" "other" and unchecked "enable bridging detection", re-ran the slicing program and the bridging was still there. I printed the file and the bridging was in the print.

I have attached the ".idea" file, the Gcode file was too large to attach. I hope this helps.

Please help.
Attachments
BX510rev01.idea
(4.88 MiB) Downloaded 4 times

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Idea Maker slicing putting in bridging that is not needed

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:50 am

Would you like share to .data file with us? Cant find bridging structure from teh sliced file.
Image_20220112185053.png

Old-Duckman

Postby Old-Duckman » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:20 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Would you like share to .data file with us? Cant find bridging structure from teh sliced file.
BX510rev01.data
(44.56 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

My mistake on the similar colors then. So this orange shade is "solid fill". It does one thin (nearly see thru) pass/layer and continues on as normal.

That being the case, (misreading the color as "bridging") how do I stop it from making these single layer "solid fill" areas. The one file I printed had only one "solid fill" layer. The file I am printing now has several at various heights of the "extrusion".

Data file attached.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:33 am

Seems the structure lines are not being sliced out properly. Please modify Merge Nearby Lines to be 0.02mm to fix the issue.
https://www.ideamaker.io/dictionaryDeta ... name=Layer

Old-Duckman

Postby Old-Duckman » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:31 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Seems the structure lines are not being sliced out properly. Please modify Merge Nearby Lines to be 0.02mm to fix the issue.
https://www.ideamaker.io/dictionaryDeta ... name=Layer

Thank you Vicky, that worked !

Return to “General”