Raise3D E2 - shift in the print head during printing.

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
Picaudp

Raise3D E2 - shift in the print head during printing.

Postby Picaudp » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:18 am

Hi
I observe a recurring problem on my E2 printer, a shift in the print head during printing, whatever extruder I choose.

The problem is very random and I can't find the source of the problem. The product offset has different layer heights and I don't see any mechanical blockage or warping that could explain the jamming.
Has anyone ever had a similar problem before?

I have never had a similar problem on the Pro2.
Attachments
E2.JPG

Steven@Raise3D

Re: Raise3D E2 - shift in the print head during printing.

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:23 pm

Picaudp wrote:Hi
I observe a recurring problem on my E2 printer, a shift in the print head during printing, whatever extruder I choose.

The problem is very random and I can't find the source of the problem. The product offset has different layer heights and I don't see any mechanical blockage or warping that could explain the jamming.

Based on the image it looks like you are using the right printhead. Do you notice that the shifting also occurs with the left? Also, is it consistent throughout every model or does the shifting happen randomly?

Picaudp

Postby Picaudp » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:40 am

Yes, I also notice the defect on the left as well as with the mirror print.
In the photo, if it is attached, the defect is on one of the first layers and the offset is similar.
The problem is that my offset is on both the X and Y axis, so I can't tell if it's due to the movement of the bed or the print head. One of the defects must be causing the other.
Attachments
02.jpg
01.JPG

Steven@Raise3D

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:28 am

Picaudp wrote:Yes, I also notice the defect on the left as well as with the mirror print.
In the photo, if it is attached, the defect is on one of the first layers and the offset is similar.
The problem is that my offset is on both the X and Y axis, so I can't tell if it's due to the movement of the bed or the print head. One of the defects must be causing the other.

Can you please try to print this file using PLA and let me know the results?
Attachments
# 1 Block Peg [PLA].gcode
(2.22 MiB) Downloaded 313 times
# 1 Block Peg [PLA].data
(65.9 KiB) Downloaded 347 times

Picaudp

Postby Picaudp » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:16 am

Steven@Raise3D wrote:
Picaudp wrote:Yes, I also notice the defect on the left as well as with the mirror print.

Hello,
I have started printing and nothing to report.
I have run several small prints that went well with my settings but I still have the problem that appears from time to time, especially on longer prints.
Attachments
RaiseTest.jpg

Steven@Raise3D

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:53 am

Would you be able to attach the Gcode file of the model that you are experiencing shifting issues with?

Picaudp wrote:
Steven@Raise3D wrote:

Hello,
I have run several small prints that went well with my settings but I still have the problem that appears from time to time, especially on longer prints.

Bikeracer

Postby Bikeracer » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:20 pm

Just curious as to which version of Ideamaker you are running ?

I had something similar today after I installed the latest Beta verson, went back to the previous version and printed without a problem.

Picaudp

Postby Picaudp » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:26 am

Steven@Raise3D wrote:Would you be able to attach the Gcode file of the model that you are experiencing shifting issues with?

Picaudp wrote:
Steven@Raise3D wrote:

Hello,

It is not a model that is causing problems but a material problem.
On the attached photo you can see the printout from the same Gcode, no changes were made between the two parts, they were run one after the other on the same roll (PLA Raise 3D), one with a decallage, the other without.
I have never had a similar problem with the Raise Pro 2.

To answer Bikeracer's question my Ideamaker version is 4.0.1.4802
Attachments
RaiseDeca.jpg

Steven@Raise3D

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:59 am

Would you be able to attach a few images of the hotend assembly that printed these models? If possible with the printhead cover removed.

Picaudp wrote:
Steven@Raise3D wrote:Would you be able to attach the Gcode file of the model that you are experiencing shifting issues with?

Picaudp wrote:

Hello,

It is not a model that is causing problems but a material problem.
On the attached photo you can see the printout from the same Gcode, no changes were made between the two parts, they were run one after the other on the same roll (PLA Raise 3D), one with a decallage, the other without.
I have never had a similar problem with the Raise Pro 2.

To answer Bikeracer's question my Ideamaker version is 4.0.1.4802

Raise3D_User1

Postby Raise3D_User1 » Sat May 01, 2021 5:20 am

Picaudp wrote:Hi

I had an issue like this after about a year of E2 use. It turned out I just needed to clean it and re-lubricate the guides and gantry. Seems to have solved the problem. The shifting was because the movement was binding a little occasionally so the head wasn't where it thought it was (where it was supposed to be).

Return to “General”