Board error with E2

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
Fredlord

Board error with E2

Postby Fredlord » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:50 pm

I have just received a new E2. The two colour test print worked really well, as did a couple of nijaflex parts in mirror mode. I then tried to print a part using the right extruder, with PVA supports provided by the left extruder. I tried several settings in ideamaker, including using PVA for the whole supports or just the solid interface as well as trying with and without a purge tower and skirt. However, in every case the print fails with the attached error. The error seems to occur the second time that the PVA is needed; the first layer PVA and main material print fine, and the main material continues to print (for a different number of layers depending on how support is setup), but as soon as the PVA is needed the main extruder hangs where it finished layer and the error appears on the screen. Attempting to resume to print just results in the error reoccurring.

Does anyone have any ideas what the issue is? I assume that given the two colour test print works fine the issue is related to the G code and not the machine; is there a setting that I could have missed in ideaMaker that would cause the issue?
8BE3A847-1D8E-4B7B-98EF-16B9C0D123AA.jpeg

Return to “General”