Raise3D support

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
AMuf

Raise3D support

Postby AMuf » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:32 pm

So new here..

So I have 12 other FDM printers (Stackers mostly) along with some SLS and SLA printers and I have always liked the look of the Raise3D.

I brought the new E2, it seems well built etc, having a few issues which I am sure can be sorted easily enough.

So I sent Raise3D a ticket asking some questions, simple one like if there was a user manual as I can’t see one on their web site. I am based in Europe, in the UK.

I got a quick reply from the US saying I need to speak to a local agent so we don’t have local language issues with the UK.

Not promising!

Also had two prints clearly fail due to heat creep, (using filament provide by Raise3D and using their profiles) I was seriously hoping this would have been solved on the E2.

Anyhow now I have to go to speak to someone in the UK because the don’t speak English in the US!

Not the best of starts.....

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Raise3D support

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:19 pm

Sorry for the issue. I heard that our EU team and reseller are helping you and your issue has been figured out.
Let me know if you need further help.

AMuf

Postby AMuf » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:21 pm

A quick update.

I did get a further response from Raise3dD in the US which helped a little.

I have resolved my main issue with first layer settings, more by trail and error, it would be great to have a comprehensive manual. Maybe there is one for the Pro, where by 75% is the same for both printers?

I am still concerned about the heat creep, I had 2 simple prints fail in PLA, however the same part printed in ASA and PC-PBT the E2 absolutely nailed!

Overall I am impressed, I have had some great prints but I could have shortcut some frustration with a decent manual.

I will get some pics of prints up when I have a few more to show.

Raise cloud is very interesting but I need to look at my workflow to have more benefit front this.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:09 am

Sorry for the lack of documents. We are currently developing and going to release more very soon.
Thanks for your comments!

eXcelonPrime

Postby eXcelonPrime » Sat May 02, 2020 11:11 pm

Just out of curiosity, did you have the top door open during the PLA prints?

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon May 04, 2020 11:37 pm

As the machine is fully enclosed it can suffer from heat build-up inside the chamber and cause slightly less than optimal overhangs for some model geometries.
Opening the top cover during printing with PLA can help this issue as it won't allow any access heat to buildup. But it is not necessary.

Return to “General”