2 year with PRO 2

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
Shelton

2 year with PRO 2

Postby Shelton » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:39 pm

Ok, I will be honest. Quality is good... but maintenance and hotend design is a real pain and not acceptable.

If you need to repair something or replace... your time is wasted. For example, the main fan... try to route cables... a few hours later...

Extruder jam in the lower section? Nightmare. The upper sensor of filament clogged? Nightmare. Drill or fight with heat gun... Time wasted, money wasted.

Hotend should be redesigned. Period.

Now few warmer words... software... yes now Idea Maker really works well. Quality is good. Now, Simply3D is a few levels lower.

Ok, Raise team. Really you should replace it PRO 2 head and you know it. Now I can repair it after to years of war with it.

Buildtak - the land of bubless. With PEI works 1.5 year without any issue.

TheDude

Re: 2 year with PRO 2

Postby TheDude » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:45 pm

Shelton,

I fully agree to your statements above. If this machine had a more consistent extruder / hot end, they could truly live up to their promise on next generation. And also agree, many other good points too. BUT, my ability to launch and leave a print on this machine.... confidence = zero.

Simple things like how the machine purges, no integrated wipe function. Fail. Switching between either nozzle, very inconsistent. Fail. (Looks like E2 went he way of separate nozzles.....)

I continue to want to be a "fan" of my investment, but I am consistently reminded there are still better options out there for the same price point.

Thanks for listening R3D Team.

TheDude

Korni

Postby Korni » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:19 pm

Correct.
I sold my Pro2 some time ago... why?
Because I found the maintenance of the printhead nozzles etc. much too user UNfriendly, you almost have to have an engineering degree (see the easy maintenance of an Ultimaker).
Furthermore, I was NOT able to print flexible material (TPU) despite professional help. For a 3D printer in this price range a cheek.
I'm thinking about buying the E2, but for the reasons mentioned above I've (still) decided not to buy it.
What use is a robust, large and relatively accurate 3D printer if I can't maintain it and it can't print the most common filaments ???????????????

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Pro2+ Image

Markus64

Postby Markus64 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:39 pm

I agree with you 100% and meanwhile I am annoyed green and blue that I fell for all the advertising promises. I thought that the lack of automatic bed levelling was the only weak point of the machine, but in the meantime I'm smarter. A machine in this price range should be almost flawless and do what we all want to do with it - print reliably and in very good quality! For this I could very well do without the cloud functions. The fact that I don't get any support from raise as a german is also devastating for me. Customer-friendly and active support works differently.

mdana

Postby mdana » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:08 am

Agree, the print head is a nightmare to work on. I have all of the fan cables zip tied to the outside of the extruder (broke a wire at the connector the first time I tried replacing a fan). For the price, they should have just used V6’s or Mosquito hot ends with a mount that doesn’t lose your x, y offset if you have to change a nozzle or clear a clog.

TheDude

Postby TheDude » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:30 pm

Agreed!

Shelton

Postby Shelton » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:43 pm

I want to sell it, but the polish dealer is not interested to buy a used machine. I understand it... but another way I was thinking to buy E2... Now after 3 years is really working... but...

I can even print with elastic materials... all tale is to remove TPU filament guide pipes... and use free spooling bearing rollers and low speed. It really works...

Now I can describe to weakest points. Heating bed - factory warped... few times manually levelled. Not effective heat sinks. My machine is working now without clogging with 0.6 nozzles only. With 0.4 you is not possible.

Hello, Raise. Maybe you can take my PRO2 and I will pay some money for E2. I hope that is not a suicide mission again...

Markus64

Postby Markus64 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:58 pm

@Shelton:
Install a water cooling and a print plate with 3-point leveling and print 4 more years. Then your system is up to date and you still save money.

Shelton

Postby Shelton » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:04 pm

I have Beast printer to setup also. Good idea but I was pay for working machine... so...

EraiseR

Postby EraiseR » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:35 am

Thanks for your feedback Shelton, some helpful info I've got here

DeX

Postby DeX » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:55 am

many years with N2s.
Don't know what they are talking about! =)

MMER1116

Postby MMER1116 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:23 pm

Been printing two years with a Pro and one year with a Pro Plus. Ditto all the comments. The hot end is a nightmare! I would hope, at some point, Raise3d offers a replacement hotend that is a bolt-on replacement for this nightmare.

mdana

Postby mdana » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:02 am

MMER1116 wrote:Been printing two years with a Pro and one year with a Pro Plus. Ditto all the comments. The hot end is a nightmare! I would hope, at some point, Raise3d offers a replacement hotend that is a bolt-on replacement for this nightmare.

Slice Engineering’s Copperhead is a drop in replacement heat break and heater block, but still uses the stock heatsink. Not sure if that’s enough to prevent heat creep.

Shelton

Postby Shelton » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:43 am

0.6 nozzle is an answer. For me works. But the design is still BAD.

Return to “General”