E2? We need an M2

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
viowiess

E2? We need an M2

Postby viowiess » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:42 am

6 months into evaluating my Pro2, I must say it is very good and with the new ideaMaker releases you guys are on a good path.

I give you a challenge to make a sub $5000 Pro2 variant that meets the needs of commercial manufacturers. The Pro2 is very close to being able to produce products that compete with injection molded at a commercial scale. As someone that 3D prints over 20,000 parts a year on N2 and Pro2 machines I want to share what my Raise3D "M2" looks like:

Single Nozzle Model with quick swapping nozzles - absolutely critical; disassembling the hotend to swap a nozzle is too time consuming when you start looking at >4-5 swaps per day over multiple machines to support different product runs. Single nozzle is the way to go to keep cost down and improve reliability through simplicity in design. There are other, better solutions available for multi-material printing that only require a single nozzle.

BONUS: engineer a single nozzle printer that can feed filament from 4-8 sources without needing 3rd party hardware or software, that would make you guys stand out above all the FDM competition in a BIG way.

These are little details that just need to be addressed with the Pro2:

1) Improved Runout Sensor that works reliably with clear and flexible filaments

2) Go back to original bondtech screw tensioning, tension on new bondtech feeder allows for over-tension of certain filaments that can fail the print.

3) Glass Bed and Aluminum build plate accessories; Buildtak is a great starter surface, but good print-techs need access to a few different substrates depending on the application.

4) Digital 16-point autoleveling would be nice since its standard on some sub $1000 FDM printers these days.

5) Bigger x-y build volume, 2x2; again, you need to keep up with similar priced competition that is starting to produce good 2x2 and 2x3 large format printers.

6) Ditch the camera

7) Slave-master mode actionable through touchscreen.

I'm looking forward to seeing the E2, I like what you guys are doing with your diversification strategy and encourage you to make a model specifically for small batch manufacturers.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: E2? We need an M2

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:06 pm

Thanks for your suggestions!
Would you mind leave your email address with us so that we can send someone to talk with you directly?

viowiess

Postby viowiess » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:38 pm

Hi Vicky, happy to discuss more. Please send me a private message including a good contact email address and I will respond in kind.

-BW

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:45 am

PM sent.

Return to “General”