Raise3D E2 - Discussion!

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
Sunshine

Raise3D E2 - Discussion!

Postby Sunshine » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:26 am

So the E2 was released a while back, and the information that I have found can be found on retailers and blogs. But! From the information that is out, I thought we could have a discussion!

Positives for me are the "independent" extruders, which can speed up the printing on identical prints, and also make it easier to do dual nozzle prints. Automatic bed calibration is great and nice to see.

Negatives is the small build volume and that Raise has opted for a Y-axis movable bed.

How do you feel about the new machine? What are your thoughts?

Kurtyard

Re: Raise3D E2 - Discussion!

Postby Kurtyard » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:35 pm

I am waiting for some tests / experiences, seems that the e2 is not released yet. No information at all.

Sunshine

Postby Sunshine » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:10 pm

It was delayed as I have understood it. There was some minor issue that Raise wanted to correct before shipping their machines.

2CNK

Postby 2CNK » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:23 am

I'm pretty interested in the E2, but a bit wary of being the first one out of the foxhole.

However, my N2 has been a real workhorse for years and the E2 has improvements I really like the sounds of.

David59

Postby David59 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:31 am

I've received my Raise3D E2 2 weeks ago, work fine, tested with PLA, ASA, ABS, PVA, coming soon nylon.
But IdeaMaker does not know the "E2" model ? I do not understand how launch a dual extrusion session.
Also, I want to change a nozzle to set a "ruby" to print carbon fiber, but I did not found how change the nozzle, and what nozzle to buy?
Any advice will be appreciated!

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:37 pm

David59 wrote:I've received my Raise3D E2 2 weeks ago, work fine, tested with PLA, ASA, ABS, PVA, coming soon nylon.
But IdeaMaker does not know the "E2" model ? I do not understand how launch a dual extrusion session.
Also, I want to change a nozzle to set a "ruby" to print carbon fiber, but I did not found how change the nozzle, and what nozzle to buy?
Any advice will be appreciated!

Sorry for the delay. The official version of ideaMaker with E2 model and templates has been released yesterday.

Return to “General”