TPU Suggestions

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
Helipilot

TPU Suggestions

Postby Helipilot » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:28 pm

I have a N2 Dual and I want to print some things in TPU. Which brand and what setting do you suggest. Do i need a heated cabinet ?
Ive never printed in TPU before.
Note that i do not have a bond tech extruder, I have all original parts.
Raise 3D N2 Dual purchased Aug 9th 2016

Helipilot

Re: TPU Suggestions

Postby Helipilot » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:18 pm

Anyone can help??

Sunshine

Postby Sunshine » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:12 pm

I have used PrimaSelect Flex and used basically the same template as the PolyFlex. I just changed the temperature of the nozzle and the build plate to match the filament!

Helipilot

Postby Helipilot » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:15 am

Will I need to upgrade to a bond tech extruder?. I have the original extruder

Helipilot

Postby Helipilot » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:30 am

Thanks a lot. I wound up ordering the bond tech extruder from Raise. Hope this works.

Billucas

Postby Billucas » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:06 am

Yes, I did the Bondtech extruder upgrade more than a year ago. This was also to get better results with flexible filament. Normally, this prints with greater success. But flexible filament is still difficult to calibrate, or not easy to print. It take a good filament and Perfect settings. On the Bondtech extruders, you will have to adjust the thumb screws perfectly. If it jam, it is more difficult to unload the filament. You will see less easily inside than the Raise stock extruders. But I still prefer the Bontech upgrade. And some flexible filament brand does not work well.
Luc

viowiess

Postby viowiess » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:45 pm

Honestly most TPU's are pretty good these days. Anything >$25 per KG spool will do fine for most applications. You will notice slight texture and flexibility differences between different manufacturers but that's really up to personal preference and finding the right TPU for your application. The main thing you want to see is that the manufacturer guarantees a dimensional accuracy of at least +/- 0.05mm on their product since TPU is very sensitive to feed and nozzle back-pressure issues. While it is possible to do TPU without a bondtech upgrade, the bondtech will allow you to double or triple your TPU print speeds compared to the stock N2 setup.

Good luck!

Return to “General”