Page 1 of 1

Update FW... HOW?

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:02 pm
by Andy Cohen
Please explain, in detail, EXACTLY how to update the controller board FW (currently rolled back to 1.1.1).

Re: Update FW... HOW?

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:34 pm
by Evan
Stock FW or your own modified firmware?

Re: Update FW... HOW?

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:18 pm
by firesped
if you have a working firmware that will report back the messages that the touchscreen is looking for, you simply use the touchscreen to select the file like you would a gcode.

it will apply the firmware to the motion controller. if the firmware does not report back an initsd fail, it will report back that the firmware failed to install. however, it did install correctly. just the touchscreen doesn't know that. the touchscreen will then lock down the printer and only allow firmware updates and serial log viewing.

There is further interface the touchscreen is looking for however. without those it will seem like it is frozen.

Re: Update FW... HOW?

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:49 pm
by Andy Cohen
I just want to update to 1.1.1.
I see no way to do that and the instructions on the website are meaningless.
So... I plug in a thumbdrive with the file, turn on the N2... then what?

Re: Update FW... HOW?

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:11 pm
by firesped
hit print
go to where the file is located.
it should have a gear icon.
touch the file and it will ask if you want to flash the firmware.

Re: Update FW... HOW?

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:33 pm
by Andy Cohen
firesped wrote:hit print
go to where the file is located.
it should have a gear icon.
touch the file and it will ask if you want to flash the firmware.

Thanks.

Re: Update FW... HOW?

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:50 pm
by Astado
firesped wrote:hit print
go to where the file is located.
it should have a gear icon.
touch the file and it will ask if you want to flash the firmware.


I made it like this, but it breaks and the touchscreen gives me the Message: "Update failed: Update failed."

The only thing I can do is pressing the "OK" button.

Are there some security options or enything like this activated?

Re: Update FW... HOW?

Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:36 pm
by firesped
what firmware are you trying to flash?

There are certain protocol that touchscreen is looking for to make sure it will update. I haven't installed the lastest touchscreen firmware however yet so i don't know if raise changed it.

Re: Update FW... HOW?

Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:32 pm
by Astado
I'm trying to update firmware version from 1.1.1 to 1.1.6 for N2 Plus-Dual.

My last update of touchscreen software was successfuly. Version 0.9.7.1509 works fine.

Re: Update FW... HOW?

Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:50 am
by Vicky@Raise3D
The 1.1.6 official version on our website? Can reboot machine fix this? Or switch the USB cable to another serial port on screen board.
Is there any error message shown during printing before?

Re: Update FW... HOW?

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:56 am
by Astado
Yes, I’m trying to update the officiell N2PLUS-Dual-1.1.6rev1.firm file from Raise3D homepage. Is this the wrong file? I have a Raise3D N2 Plus V2 with 2 feeders and 2 printing nozzles.

When I start printing this firmware file from SD or USB memory stick, for 10 seconds I see the Message "Updating firmware...". Then comes the error message "Update Failed: Update Failed."

I put the USB memory stick to all of the 4 available USB ports. Always the same result.

What do you mean when you say "...switch the USB cable to another serial port ..."?

Re: Update FW... HOW?

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:09 am
by Astado
News about my problem.

It seems to be a hardware problem on the motion controller board.

I connected the USB serial cable from my computer directly to the motion controller board. In genaral the direct communication between Idea Maker and the Motion Controller Board works fine. Idea Maker shows me nozzle temperatures and controls the motors.

But, if I try to start updating the firmware via Idea Maker, after a view seconds I'm getting the error message: communication error.

Maybe are there some shortcutable pins for enable / disable firmware update on the Motion Controller Board?

Re: Update FW... HOW?

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:37 pm
by spid
Mine having same issues
Replaced mainboard as well as touchscreen

At first updating to 1.1.6 was successful. After 2 prints and power cycle went to safemode and not able to do anything

Even tried re updating firmware doesn’t work via usb n pc direct. It will get stuck at 8%

Re: Update FW... HOW?

Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:13 pm
by Vicky@Raise3D
It sounds like the problem of motion board, if the USB cable is confirmed to be a well-functional one.
Please shoot us a support ticket.

Re: Update FW... HOW?

Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:13 pm
by Astado
Thank you, Vicky. I will shoot a support ticket.

By the way, on the Motion Controller Board I saw two connectors for JTAG and SPI (?) interfaces form ATMega2560. Are they usable for checking fuse bits? Maybe the SPIEN fuse bit in ATMega2560 is disabled? (Just an idea.)

Re: Update FW... HOW?

Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:43 am
by Vicky@Raise3D
Haven't tried checking fuse bits with the connectors you mentioned.
We use JTAG to flash firmware and boothloader and SPI as the communication Bus.

Re: Update FW... HOW?

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:02 pm
by sylus
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Haven't tried checking fuse bits with the connectors you mentioned.
We use JTAG to flash firmware and boothloader and SPI as the communication Bus.

Interrested to have the procedure by MP because I have a new spare controller from my supplyer wich is not detected via usb.
It's seems bootloder is not, load.

Re: Update FW... HOW?

Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:19 am
by Vicky@Raise3D
sylus wrote:
Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Haven't tried checking fuse bits with the connectors you mentioned.
We use JTAG to flash firmware and boothloader and SPI as the communication Bus.

Interrested to have the procedure by MP because I have a new spare controller from my supplyer wich is not detected via usb.
It's seems bootloder is not, load.


It is better to shoot a support ticket to us. http://help.raise3d.com/helpdesk