Ordering Filament is painful!

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
Spud

Ordering Filament is painful!

Postby Spud » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:05 pm

Why is your system for ordering simple things like filament so painfully slow?
The salesmen are great to work with but having to wait more than 12 hours just to find out if you have the item ordered in stock and then waiting for an email that sends you a link that takes you to input your info into your system is painful.
And none of the emails regarding your order actually show you what you are buying.
It could be the wrong color, diameter, and even the wrong quantity.

Who designed this mystery system?

And the website doesn't auto-update with availability.
When I bought a printer cart I found out you were out of stock by looking at third-party websites you were sold out.
The poor salesmen don't have access to inventory?

Has anyone in management ever tried to order something?
I bet not twice.

I want to try other filaments you (I think) carry but I'm losing interest rapidly.
No need to check on my order, take a look at your system and make an anonymous call and buy some filament.

Your competition is beating you to death.
California, USA
R3D Pro2

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Ordering Filament is painful!

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:04 am

We are sorry about the issue.
Would you mind to give us more details? Is that the link the sales people sent to you doesn't work or the online store's cart doesn't update based on your needs properly?

Spud

Postby Spud » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:45 pm

The salesmen don't have a current auto-updated inventory.
Then they have to find out by requesting inventory status = slow -half a day maybe?
Then if you ordered something and you didn't get an email (that can show up hours later) you have to call back to learn you are out of inventory (which if you didn't ask to have inventory status checked makes for a long wait til item is restocked-days).

Then if you get a link to apply your shipping address and credit card info, it doesn't show what you're buying.
you have no idea if what you wanted was correct. In the case of filament, the product could be the wrong color or wrong diameter.
Here is a picture of the link a customer gets when about to complete the order;
R3D order link.JPG

This simple thing was two spools of filament.
= Too many steps in order to purchase something from a salesman, and way too long to complete a simple deal.
Can you tell by looking at the invoice what I was about to pay for?
Here is what I see when I follow the link to complete the purchase;
R3D Order.JPG

Hope shouldn't be part of the purchasing process.

I'm telling you this because you will lose customers. Every other vendor out there is more convenient and has the tools to make buying something painless. Your system is painful.
I still don't know if you have what I wanted to buy.

I'm looking for a new vendor to replace the one I've used since 2016. I was wanting that to be R3D.
I'm not looking for anything. I just wanted to alert you to a terrible system that will keep your sales throttled.
If I can't get shipped what I wanted to buy Tuesday I'll continue to enjoy the printer you sold to me and the fast quality support I get from people like you Vikky, but I won't be buying my filament here.
The poor salesmen don't have the tools to increase your profits and give a quality shopping experience to your customers. Your salesmen are your best pathway to increasing your bottom line.
That system should be tossed or gutted and rebuilt.
California, USA
R3D Pro2

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:22 pm

Sorry for the issue with our process.
I have checked with our accounting, have seems the issue has been fixed for your order.
If you still would like to try our filament, we are very happy to help upgrade your shipment to be overnight shipping for free since you have waited for this already for a few days.

Spud

Postby Spud » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:32 pm

My account rep has updated me. Still waiting on the link to fill in my credit card/shipping info.
Thank you.
You are all very responsive, and easy to work with but the Shopify system and the whole process is tedious.
jbc
California, USA
R3D Pro2

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:30 am

We are so sorry about all the troubles brought you.
Heard from your sales guy that everything is settled and good to go now.

Spud

Postby Spud » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:00 pm

Yes thank you.
The last step-the link to complete the purchase came at 2pm.
California, USA
R3D Pro2

EldRick

Postby EldRick » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:26 pm

Perhaps you could try ordering a different brand of filament or from a different vendor? Try Amazon - it's much less painful…

Spud

Postby Spud » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:31 pm

EldRick wrote:Perhaps you could try ordering a different brand of filament or from a different vendor? Try Amazon - it's much less painful…

Yea, I was one day away from that.
The options to buy are everywhere. I'd rather try their filament supporting the company that made this printer.

This was more of an effort to help the salesmen.
I'd like to see their process match other's out there.
If it's painful like this on my second order I will silently fade away.
California, USA
R3D Pro2

EldRick

Postby EldRick » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:15 pm

There is really no reason to buy filament from your printer company, as they are just selling relabeled filament made by someone else.

Return to “General”