Intermittent WiFi Connection

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
LoraMoser

Re: Intermittent WiFi Connection

Postby LoraMoser » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:15 am

Same problem for me. I'm having similar issues. Internet connection just stop working but only on http(s) protocol. My google home mini is working without problem.

Also, doing a ping test on google, everything seams to work. So i would narrow it down to some sort of dns problem?

I have the latest firmware version installed a few days ago.
It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:48 pm

Do you have Ethernet cable? Would you like to connect the printer with the same network via Ethernet cable and see whetehr it works or not?

jcmoon

Postby jcmoon » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:43 am

Same problem. I have to reconnect ideamaker everytime when I go browse local storage, it lost connection when I go to second or third pages.

tim cochrane

Postby tim cochrane » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:56 pm

I'm also having issues with connection via wifi. If I restart the printer, I am able to re-connect and upload files. I'm working on getting an hard wired connection, but that is still a few days out.

KKThunder

Postby KKThunder » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:42 am

Same problem. when I want to download files via wlan timelaps, it keeps breaking off the connection. Via ethernet cable it works great.

Steven@Raise3D

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:23 am

KKThunder wrote:Same problem. when I want to download files via wlan timelaps, it keeps breaking off the connection. Via ethernet cable it works great.

Can you please confirm that you are up to date on the latest touchscreen firmware that is available on our website?

Raise3D_User1

Postby Raise3D_User1 » Sat May 01, 2021 5:15 am

KKThunder wrote:Same problem. when I want to download files via wlan timelaps, it keeps breaking off the connection. Via ethernet cable it works great.

Same issue here. It seems to have gotten worse since the last update.

I finally gave up and used a wired connection on both my E2s. WAY more reliable, if a little less convenient.

Steven@Raise3D

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Thu May 13, 2021 10:44 pm

Raise3D_User1 wrote:

Same issue here. It seems to have gotten worse since the last update.

I finally gave up and used a wired connection on both my E2s. WAY more reliable, if a little less convenient.

A wired connection will always be a more stable signal. If you would like to investigate the WiLan connection more I would suggest creating a support ticket so that one of our technical support engineers can better assist you in solving the issue.

Return to “General”