Filament Run-out Sensor Installation PROBLEM

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
lucius aurelius

Filament Run-out Sensor Installation PROBLEM

Postby lucius aurelius » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:45 am

hello
i installed on my 2 raise N2 and N2+ the Filament Run-out Sensor since 2 days
upgraded the firmware of the Motion Controller Board with N2PLUS-Dual-1.1.6frs and the other but for the N2
upgraded RaiseTouch with the last version (updater_1_0_0_831.raisepack)
and i have the same issue on the two printers with differente files and differents settings

Error:No Line Number with checksum....

what the problems?usb transfert on 2 printers ?????????????
Attachments
raise checksum.jpg

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Filament Run-out Sensor Installation PROBLEM

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:32 pm

Would you like to share a picture of your wiring on motion controller board?

lucius aurelius

Postby lucius aurelius » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:09 am

Of course,i'll do that tonight when i comming home

Billucas

Postby Billucas » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:06 pm

I have the same error… What is the cause and the solution please?
I found that the Run-out sensor does not like my Raise3d Yellow PLA filaments.
It don't detect it ( like transparent filament…).And if I turn off the Detector,
after a while, the error message appear and stop to print. Do I have a bad detector?
It is ok with many other filament. Right now, I print with a with PLA, and no problem here...

Thanks

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:47 pm

Billucas wrote:I have the same error… What is the cause and the solution please?
I found that the Run-out sensor does not like my Raise3d Yellow PLA filaments.
It don't detect it ( like transparent filament…).And if I turn off the Detector,
after a while, the error message appear and stop to print. Do I have a bad detector?
It is ok with many other filament. Right now, I print with a with PLA, and no problem here...

Thanks

Would you like to share some pictures of the wiring on your motion board for the run-out sensor with our technicians at help.raise3d.com?

Billucas

Postby Billucas » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:42 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Would you like to share some pictures of the wiring on your motion board for the run-out sensor with our technicians at help.raise3d.com?

Hi Vicky,

Here a picture of my motion board. I wrote to help.raise3d. Steven U answered me : Unfortunately, some translucent filaments may not be detected when passing through the filament runout sensor.

Please, Raise3d, you have to mentioned that your filament sensor don't detect well clear filament.

Luc
Attachments
DSC00159.JPG

dmangiameli3

Postby dmangiameli3 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:11 pm

Was there any solution to this problem? I am having the exact same issues after installing the sensor! Filament sensor had been working fine, but I seem to only have the problem when I turn off the filament sensor under advanced settings. When I used NinjaFlex water color (which is mostly translucent), the filament sensor doesn't work so I have to manually turn it off. I repeatedly get a checksum error.
Attachments
20181214_082046.jpg
20181217_114003.jpg

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:50 pm

We are so sorry about that. Due to it's working principle, our run-out sensor detects filament with optical components. We can't guarantee that it can work well with clear or translucent filament.

dmangiameli3

Postby dmangiameli3 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:48 pm

Although not being able to detect translucent filament is a significant downside, that doesn't seem to be the issue with Billucas and I. When I turn off the sensor under the settings menu I am getting these errors. This causes a big issue because there is no way to print with translucent filament because the only way to feed the filament is through the sensor and it can't be physically removed whenever translucent filament is needing to be used.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:23 pm

If you meet issue with the sensor even disable it, I would recommend reach to our tech support. It might be a problem part or mis-wired.

Billucas

Postby Billucas » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:38 am

After contacting support, it appears that I have an early batch of the filament runout sensor. This could be the source of the issues that I have been having. They are going to replace my early unit runout sensor with the latest version. But, I think that it is also a firmware problem. Don't you think?
I also noticed that after a runout sensing, the printing time left is back to the full time....

crimsonyoshi

Postby crimsonyoshi » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:16 pm

It's not impossible to be a firmware issue, it's unlikely. While I haven't had a problem with my run out sensor like what you're seeing, the sensor board is extremely simple. There's an optical node which emits a red light, and a second node that it's beamed too per filament slot. If filament interrupts that light beam, then there's something there, if the beam is not interrupted, then there's nothing there (or transparent filament for the same principle). That light beam sensor pair toggles a bit in the board to be 1 or 0 which is then read back to the printer. There's really nothing more to the filament board than that.

Again, I can't say for 100% certain it's not a firmware issue, but based on how simple that board is, and how small it physically is too - it's more likely a physical problem than a software problem.

As for the printing time on the touchscreen, yes - that's normal to see on my Pro2Plus machine with 3.3.0 firmware. I think they might be working on that though?

Return to “General”