Shifting Forward and Backwards.

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
theRenegade

Re: Shifting Forward and Backwards.

Postby theRenegade » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:16 pm

John@Raise3D wrote:
X and Y axis check list.pdf

Great document! Single subject, several tasks, one page tells it all.
Give us more like that. :-)

(extruder, leveling, etc.)

Raizer04

Postby Raizer04 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:24 am

John@Raise3D wrote:
Raizer04 wrote:and alas, my printer (N2+) has started to do the very same thing with large prints. FML.

For large prints, it starts to have shifting?
It sounds more like a mechanical issue. Please apply additional lubrication and check the screws and belts on x/y axis.
X and Y axis check list.pdf

Did exactly this and everything is back to normal. Raise3d BACK AT IT AGAIN with the IT fix!

John@Raise3D

Postby John@Raise3D » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:48 pm

Glad to hear that. We will release more guide and videos in the future.

Michael

Postby Michael » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:51 pm

Screw silence, I want reliability...

never mind that default fans run all time and that drives me nuts more than the lovely stepper song.
Composite Build Plate for N2 Printers
http://www.newriver.io

A6y_N0rma1

Postby A6y_N0rma1 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:40 pm

John or Vicki - just got my N2 and the 2nd print was a long 23 hr print. Got a layer shift (<1mm) about 2/3 way thru, otherwise fine. Decided to follow your X and Y axis check list and noticed that one of the screws on the left side (see picture) is backed out about 1/4" while the identical one on the right if all the way in. I tested it but it's locked in pretty tight. Don't want to force anything. Should this screw be in all the way? Also the Y axis belts seem (to me) a bit looser than the X axis (or those in my Rep2X). Can they be adjusted? If so, do you have any guidance on adjusting the belts?
Attachments
IMG_1443.jpg

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:33 am

For the screw longer than others, it is normal. And I will suggest loose it and move the extruder around and then tighten it with hand. Stop until you feel resistance. Do not tighten too much, or it may bent the rod.
For the belt adjustment, please shoot us a ticket, our engineer will help you check whether the belt needs adjustment or not.

A6y_N0rma1

Postby A6y_N0rma1 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:44 pm

Vicky, thanks for the reply. Will send ticket re belts. Noticed Z belt very snug, especially compared to X and Y. I've found many helpful replies from you and the rest of the Raise3D crew on this forum (attachments to other posts) - example, adjusting X and Y axes, pics of boards or components, etc. It would be very helpful if all of these were collected somewhere on your support page rather than having to search thru the forums. Keep up the good work.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:52 am

Thanks for your suggestions! We will upload more instruction in near future.
For kinds like adjusting axes, belts, wirings, we tend more to check the state of your machine first, then share you the guides to follow up, in case any unnecessary damage. So that we'd love you to shoot us a ticket so that our engineers can get more detail information and provide support to you one-to-one.

FreedomRules

Postby FreedomRules » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:03 pm

I know this is an older post but I just purchased a Raise3d N2 plus 3d printer. I've read through several of the forum topics. I had thought about doing the driver mod but a statement that jetguy made about it only being an 8 bit AVR anyway got me wondering. Would some of us that like customizing things / getting the most out of a machine be better off replacing the whole logic system. I believe Marlin has been working on a 32 bit code base for awhile. I also know there are other boards one could swap over too.

One I'm having issues with is the network speeds of copying files. I'm about 99% sure its nothing to do with my network considering my job has been in technology field for over 20 years. To be fair I haven't tested it over WIFI then again to gain reliability on a network I've never udder the words lets use WIFI over Cat6 Plenum cable. I read posts that suggest it was a badly chosen protocol between IdeaMaker and the N2 Plus printer. My issue with that statement is its just as slow over SSH which completely cuts out that statement. I'm just wondering if the whole network issue isn't really related to not enough memory / cpu due to it being only 8 bit.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:08 am

The bandwidth of Wi-Fi is about 1MB. When remote connecting the printer with ideaMaker, we will lower the speed in case the high transferring speed may affect the others running functions on screen.
Normally under strong Wi-Fi signal, the uploading speed is around 200KB/s to 800 KB/s when printer is at idle status. If during printing, the speed will be slower than this, since the storage has been occupied.

FreedomRules

Postby FreedomRules » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:19 am

Is part of the QOS to drop network connections all together when its either printing or running a code process? I've found anything over 10mb its pretty much useless to try and use the network. Are you implying WIFI is the favored Network mode on this unit or is the 1mb speeds the same on hardwire and wifi? I'm a linux engineer so I guess I'll dive into the OS and see what you've done for QOS and see if I can do something so it doesn't drop the connection. I've even tried copying things when no process is going and it drops the network connection on files bigger than 4mb.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:06 am

We didn't add QOS in our system.
Uploading speed via Wi-Fi will be reduced, normally at 200KB/s - 800KB/s. For code sending via SCP, the speed of that won't be reduced.
The low transmission speed has no relationship to speed limits. With strong Wi-Fi signal, the full bandwidth is around 10Mb, which means the transmission speed can reach to about 1MB/s.
We didn't set Wi-Fi as the favored Network mode, users can choose either ethernet or Wi-Fi as needed.
If you need higher speed, you can try Ethernet. The full bandwidth can reach to about 50Mb, which means the transmission speed can reach to about 6MB/s. But we recommend do not upload files under such speed during printing, in case any affect to print process.

firesped

Postby firesped » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:08 am

There is no way to upgrade the Marlin board. It is a custom RUMBA type board that used a custom remote extruder board. No other board on the market is compatible with that remote extruder board. and I did try. Raise3D would have to design a new drop in board with a 32 bit processor on it. Which is likely not cost effective for them.
RL name: Michael Nolen
printers:
raise3D N2 kickstarter Early Bird
Trinus Deluxe (running smoothieware on Azteeg X5 GT board)
Monoprice Maker Select v2

Jetguy

Postby Jetguy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:57 am

I'm just wondering if the whole network issue isn't really related to not enough memory / cpu due to it being only 8 bit.

I think we have a misunderstanding. We have 2 entirely different control boards doing different functions working as a system to run the printer. Yes, the motion control board that literally runs the hardware is an 8 bit dedicated microcontroller. While only 8 bit and some limitations, this is a tried and true proven solution in the 3D printing world due to the precision capability to provide coordinated (and trust me, that word sounds simple but has huge meaning and implications to motion) timing outputs to the stepper drivers. Simply put a microcontroller is the right choice here.

The pcDuino IMX6 (based on the Acadia) Raise Touch board is what is acting as a GCODE print server and front panel user interface to send gcode commands to the motion control board. So all your networking is controlled via a custom version of this http://www.linksprite.com/linksprite-acadia/
Processor is IMX6 Quad processor Freescale Quad ARM Cortex A9 based solution up to 1.2GHz
https://www.nxp.com/products/processors ... ore:i.MX6Q
That board also has 1GB of RAM
This is the board running the custom OS, the Raise 3D Raise Touch application that forms the front panel user interface and gcode streaming engine. The underlying OS handles the standard network layer.

Return to “General”