Palette 2 Integration with N-Series

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
Aleguti

Re: Palette 2 Integration with N-Series

Postby Aleguti » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:18 am

Hi Billacus,

I have the same issues with gcode using the Pro2 canvas slicer profile.

Could you please share the one you created, did you have any contact with Mosaic or other info you could share. If this is not the channel to do it please contact me over DM.

Thanks in advance

Aleguti

Postby Aleguti » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:33 am

Hi @Billucas,

Is there any way you can export and share this profile for the N-Series.
Have you contact Mosaic or have any other usefull information regarding the future integration.
I would like to have a talk with you to asset some other questions i have.

Please DM me with your availability.

Thanks in advance,

Billucas

Postby Billucas » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:15 pm

Hi Aleguti,

Ok, good (or bad…) to see that I am not alone… I work on this since a week. For my N2 Plus profile, I have made one, and I also tried the Pro2 canvas printer preset. I always had issues on my printer. Yes I contact them by email and Raise3d also. Nobody find a solution up to now. I have tried a lot of things that I thought it could resolve my problem. In Canvas, it does not seem to be possible to export and share this profile for the N-Series. See the pictures joined please.

So today, I decided to use Simplify3d. I have made a 2 colors project test. I open the G-code (from Simplify3d) in Chroma. I am printing the test presently. Later I will be able to tell you if I am still having a G-code error on my touchscreen. The print is inished…with no error for the first time... So, for me, it sounds like Canvas is still beta and give bad errors G-code for my printer.
But, after that success, I have tried another test file. It did not work again. Even with Simplify3d and Chroma….
Again! :(

Here a facebook group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mosaic. ... oup_header
Attachments
20190311_204234.jpg
Capture3.PNG
Capture1.PNG
N2 Plus G-Code.PNG
Last edited by Billucas on Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Billucas

Postby Billucas » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:52 am

Here the last discussion with Mosaic:

Hi Luc,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't found success yet. I've received a response from our Raise user, but they have not experienced your issue in the past. Their advice is to check that you have an efficient link between the Raise touchscreen and Rumba PCB. He believes that it is a G-Code issue.

Aleguti

Postby Aleguti » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:37 pm

Hey Billucas,

My configuration here; first test works (Mosaic Keychain)... but will keep updating as I optimize it.

This is the only diference from what you have, which is actually for wiping the initial ooze... so I am afraid I get the same issues you did afterwars

Start sequence
G21
G90
M82
M107
G28 X0 Y0
G28 Z0
G1 Z15.0 F{travel_xy_speed}
G92 E0
G1 F140 E29
G1 X20 Y0 F140 E30
G92 E0
G1 F{travel_xy_speed}
M117 Printing...

Billucas

Postby Billucas » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:07 pm

This morning I have checked every cables inside the printer and the link between the Raise touchscreen and Rumba PCB, as suggested.
Everything is plugged and ok. except WIFI.
Filament Run-Out sensor…
Because maybe this is the issue. Even turned-off the option in the raise3d touchscreen, it may possibly cause error. I think. Maybe. Because on the Raise3d community, DrewPetitclerc wrote this issue;
But for me, it does not happen when normal printing ( with no palette ). So I unplug this sensor on the printer electric board, to see if it is ok now. I will let you know.

Re: Filament Run-out Sensor Install Problem
Report this post
Postby DrewPetitclerc » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:58 am
I installed the sensor, with the mods to make the path smoother and straighter, then I turned it on and of course it intermittently says there is no filament present even when there is, sensor not seeing the plastic or just too sloppy a path around the sensor range, but I carry on and get it to see the plastic always, but then on a nice long 18 hour print the machine throws a fit/error six (6) times:
"Board error: Error:No Line Number with checksum...."
"Please check hardware and restart"

And all it wants to do is restart the machine and then it tries to pick up where it left off, with bad results.
It continues to do this on every print there after causing me a loss of time and money.
The solution: I unplugged it from the main board and disabled it in the machine settings, so yeah a complete waste of money and time.
But at least I now have a block of scrap plastic and electronics mounted to me printer to pass my filament through reminding me every day of the decline of a company I had high hopes for but now see nothing failures.

Billucas

Postby Billucas » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:12 pm

After many try-out, I have disabled (since the beginning) the filament runout sensor through the software by going to Settings- > More Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Turn on Filament Runout Sensor and disabling that option. I have also unplugged the filament runout sensor(in the electric box) , because with only the software disabling, it is not working. I am printing right now (7 hours / 12 hours printing) with the same file, as yesterday. I don't have an error up to now.

Update: After more than 13.44 hours of printing and 381 Splices… Everything if fine now! So, I will make more tests print and see if it's reliable. In conclusion, we have to unplug manually, in the electric box, the wire for the filament runout sensor… I hope this will be corrected in a new firmware!

Luc
Attachments
20190313_035114.jpg
20190313_035312.jpg

Billucas

Postby Billucas » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:23 pm

Coffee Glass Cover made with my Palette 2 Pro. The Wonderful Filament PLA MatterForge Black and White.
Attachments
20190319_082026.jpg

JohnSays

Postby JohnSays » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:42 am

I like your coffee glass cover. Is that your design?
- John

2 Raise3D N2 Duals, Bondtech BMGs, adjustable table, Panucatt SD2224 drivers, run-out sensor, thermal overload protection, Firmware 1.1.9ABH - with Lin_Advance, Palette 2 Pro, Custom E3D hot end and ultra-light carriage and printer head

Billucas

Postby Billucas » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:33 am

Sorry for the delay. Yes it's my design. It keep the coffee hot more longer.

Return to “General”