Problem on axis X and screen

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
arnaurano

Problem on axis X and screen

Postby arnaurano » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:29 am

Hello i have a Raise Pro2-series and i have a big problem.

SO to summarize my situation, I want to change my nozzle, so put out my filament, heat my ectruder, turned off the motors on the panel and then changed my nozzle.

Just after that, I want to start a print but i see something weird. When the machine want to take their initial position, it do only on the axis Y and my X axis (left and right) not working.

After trying to restart a print again, I rebooted the screen thinking it was a bug. And the second problem is begin the screen restarts but does not finish the loading bar and it turns off

Afterward, i check the fuse but they are ok.

Can somebody help me because I 'am stuck and I need to print

TY

Ryan@Raise3D

Re: Problem on axis X and screen

Postby Ryan@Raise3D » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:45 pm

From your description of the issue it is possible that during the nozzle change something was able to short, but something that may help determine what is occuring is can you let me know which of the 2 loading screens for the touch screen is crashing as the White one that shows up first is the Raise touch system booting and the second black screen is the motion controller board booting.

arnaurano

Postby arnaurano » Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:29 am

Hello,
Thank u for your quick reply.

Its possible that i had to make a short circuit but i see nothing anormal. Because just after I lauch a print and the machine only print on Y axis.

I put here
raise.jpg
the photo of the screen just before it turns off.

Thank u

Ryan@Raise3D

Postby Ryan@Raise3D » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:03 am

Thank you for the picture. From the picture it seems that it is not making it past the booting screen of the Touch screen which could indicate an issue with the touch screen module and sometimes this issue can be related to what is currently plugged into the screen such as the Motion Controller board or a USB device. Something you can do to confirm this is to unplug the USB connection at the bottom of the motion controller board located on the right hand side of the printer inside the black box with a lightning bolt on it. Once you have this removed we can try booting the machine again and see if it finishes booting the touch screen firmware and it should throw an error on the black screen when it cannot detect the Motion Controller board.

arnaurano

Postby arnaurano » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:37 am

HI,

I did what u tell me to do but it's the same conclusion : the screen freezes at the same time and after black screen when I disconnect the lightning bolt.
After i did an another test, I think i disconnect the motors, i give you in attachments the pictures of what I disconnect.
( sorry for my english but i'm french :))

Ryan@Raise3D

Postby Ryan@Raise3D » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:43 am

Thank you for the update. If the screen is not booting into raise touch even with the Motion Control board unplugged we would be looking at an issue with the Touch screen itself and it is very likely that the touch screen unit itself may need to be replaced as it not making it into the raise touch system this is an indication of an issue with the unit. Something you can try here to see if it revives the screen would be to try reupdating the Touch screen firmware by downloading the latest version from here https://www.raise3d.com/download/

arnaurano

Postby arnaurano » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:52 am

Ok ty.

So now how can i reupdating the firmware if I have no screen ?

ty

arnaurano

Postby arnaurano » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:29 am

???

Ryan@Raise3D

Postby Ryan@Raise3D » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:40 am

The thought is if you have the screen and it is not getting past the Raisetouch boot up portion sometimes reupdating the raise touch firmware by downloading the latest version of the firmware, putting it on a USB, plug it into the machine and reboot can cause the firmware to catch the update file and attempt to run the update. If you do not have the screen anymore then I cannot help from there.

Return to “General”