Bad print on small holes (stringing?)

Thoughts about Raise3D, 3D printing and making in general.
luca_98

Bad print on small holes (stringing?)

Postby luca_98 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:27 pm

Hello there! I'm new to the 3D printing world and I'm from Brasil, so I'm sorry if i make any english mistakes.
I've been printing good parts with no problem at all, but this time I had an issue and don't know how to fix it.

If you look at the photos you can see that overall the piece is very good, but in some small holes the printing got messed.
It doesn´t look like retraction because the other holes are perfect, my guess is that the wall next to the holes got mixed with them, but idk.
The holes are extruded trough all the curve.

I'll be very thankful for any help, thanks!
Attachments
Imagem3_corpo valvula.png
Imagem2_corpo valvula.png
Imagem1_corpo valvula.png

Steven@Raise3D

Re: Bad print on small holes (stringing?)

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:54 pm

luca_98 wrote:Hello there! I'm new to the 3D printing world and I'm from Brasil, so I'm sorry if i make any english mistakes.
I've been printing good parts with no problem at all, but this time I had an issue and don't know how to fix it.

If you look at the photos you can see that overall the piece is very good, but in some small holes the printing got messed.
It doesn´t look like retraction because the other holes are perfect, my guess is that the wall next to the holes got mixed with them, but idk.
The holes are extruded trough all the curve.

I'll be very thankful for any help, thanks!

It looks like the print has a lot of over extrusion. Would you be able to attach the Gcode file that you used to print this model? Also, can you please share which printer you are using?

luca_98

Postby luca_98 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:58 am

Hi, I'm using a Raise Pro 2, with PLA, slicing with Ideamaker. Yes, the gcode is now attached in this comment.
Should I reduce flowrate? But the weird thing is that it only has this imperfections on one side, the other one is perfect.

Thanks a lot for your help! :)
Attachments
Gauge test.gcode
(8.35 MiB) Downloaded 9 times

Steven@Raise3D

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:20 pm

luca_98 wrote:Hi, I'm using a Raise Pro 2, with PLA, slicing with Ideamaker. Yes, the gcode is now attached in this comment.
Should I reduce flowrate? But the weird thing is that it only has this imperfections on one side, the other one is perfect.

Thanks a lot for your help! :)

Can you please check to see if your two-side cooling fans are functioning properly? You should be able to power them on by going to the utility screen.

luca_98

Postby luca_98 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:43 pm

Yes, both cooling fans work properly, but the thing is: the problem already shows on Ideamaker, so it's not a printer problem, and I've tryed changing all configurations, without success. Layer height was the one that changed the quality the most, but still shows those errors on Ideamaker:
Attachments
Sem título.png
2.png
1.png

Return to “General”