Why is RaiseCloud App asking for personal data?

tja

Why is RaiseCloud App asking for personal data?

Postby tja » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:00 pm

Hi Vicky,

Please pass this observation on to the RaiseCloud App team

After the RaiseCloud app on my iPhone updated today, I had to go through the login process again. A little annoying as that shouldn't be necessary for an app update. But then it asked me a list of totally unacceptable questions (on a page called Supplement). Among the questions it was asking were... Gender & Date of Birth!! I thought at first that this was optional data, but it wouldn't let me proceed without entering something. How can this possibly be required data for using RaiseCloud?. Ater a couple of failed attempts to bypass this screen I closed the app. When I reopened it I was logged in and it seems to work just fine without the supplemental data.

I find the RaiseCloud app very useful, but I would never fill in that kind of key personal data for an app that has absolutely no justification to even ask for it!

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Why is RaiseCloud App asking for personal data?

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:19 pm

Sorry about thei issue. We will try to fix this as soon as possible and release the new version with it fixed.
We can probably complete the new version around the end of this month.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Why is RaiseCloud App asking for personal data?

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:19 pm

Sorry about thei issue. We will try to fix this as soon as possible and release the new version with it fixed.
We can probably complete the new version around the end of this month.

Return to “RaiseCloud”