Printer Offline at exactly 12am (GMT) this morning!?!

chippie

Printer Offline at exactly 12am (GMT) this morning!?!

Postby chippie » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:34 am

Hi guys,

Has anyone seen their printer go offline at 12am (GMT) today (9th April).

I am not at home but had the printer turned Off/On but it is still showing as Offline in RaiseCloud. Also rebotted my router but nothing.

Anyone else experiencing the same please? Is is due to todays RaiseCloud updates perhaps?

Thanks!

Mark.

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: Printer Offline at exactly 12am (GMT) this morning!?!

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:48 pm

Was your printer printing at that moment or not? If so, does the screen ask print resumes after power loss?

chippie

Postby chippie » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:22 am

Hi Vicky, it was not prinitng. I work away and left it as in was in the hope to be able to kick off a long job. When I logged into the Cloud a day later it was Offline. Is there a timeout on the WiFi at all please?
I have had it restarted but it has still not connected back to WiFi. From what I know the screen just shows the normal icons and details. I cannot see it connected to my router so assume the Pro2 has just decided to drop the WiFi connection for some reason :-(

Any advice will be useful as I am away every week and would hate for this happen again. Sort of negates the purpose of cloud printing if it is going to drop the WiFi connection after X hours....

Thanks!

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:56 pm

Can your printer find your cell phone if you enable hot-spot and leave it around the printer now? Was your printer connected to Wi-Fi with no issue and you were able to control it through Cloud or ideaMaker smoothly?
Have you tried Ethernet before? Have you disable DHCP when using Wi-Fi?

chippie

Postby chippie » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:51 am

Thanks!

Cannot try anything until I am home late tonight but it was working absolutely fine via the cloud with 5 or 6 prints. Left home, a day later tried to connect and it was Offline.

Assume by the lack of other replies no one else has experienced this so hopefully it is just a one off and once I reconnnect manually it will be ok. Well will drop an ethernet cable to it to hopefully avoid any issues in the future.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:44 pm

Don't forget disable Wi-Fi or DHCP when you are using the other option to connect network, in case they have conflicts with each other.
If you meet similar issue again, please feel free to open a support ticket to reach to us at http://help.raise3d.com. Our technicians are glad to help you diagnose the issue.

chippie

Postby chippie » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:35 am

Thanks Vicky!

I am back online now. I am pretty sure it stated 'Connection Timeout' under the Cloud settings but am not sure if that was before or after I tried a few things now. My home WiFi(s) etc. are solid as I reply on them for work so I know there is no issue there. Hopefully just a one off!

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:44 pm

If the issue happens again, please export the RaiseCloud Log under RaiseCloud on your touchscreen to USB drive and send it to us at http://help.raise3d.com.

Return to “RaiseCloud”