Probe offset bug

Raise3D_User1

Probe offset bug

Postby Raise3D_User1 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:05 pm

So, the limit of the offset is 4.00 - the max it will let you enter. HOWEVER the auto-adjust of the right extruder when you change the left extruder overcomes this limit, making potentially damaging changes.

Both were initially set to 2.00. I updated the right to 4.00, and the left still 2.00. When I adjusted the left extruder to 4.00 as well, it adjusted the right extruder automatically to the same difference between the two (adding 2.0 to the right), so I had a right extruder automatically adjusted to 6.00 - an impossible amount that should not be allowed if I had to enter it manually, and potentially damaging.

Steven@Raise3D

Re: Probe offset bug

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:23 am

Raise3D_User1 wrote:So, the limit of the offset is 4.00 - the max it will let you enter. HOWEVER the auto-adjust of the right extruder when you change the left extruder overcomes this limit, making potentially damaging changes.

Both were initially set to 2.00. I updated the right to 4.00, and the left still 2.00. When I adjusted the left extruder to 4.00 as well, it adjusted the right extruder automatically to the same difference between the two (adding 2.0 to the right), so I had a right extruder automatically adjusted to 6.00 - an impossible amount that should not be allowed if I had to enter it manually, and potentially damaging.

We do not advise adjusting the physical offset without first checking it through the offset calibration menu.

Raise3D_User1

Postby Raise3D_User1 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:21 am

Steven@Raise3D wrote:
Raise3D_User1 wrote:So, the limit of the offset is 4.00 - the max it will let you enter. HOWEVER the auto-adjust of the right extruder when you change the left extruder overcomes this limit, making potentially damaging changes.

We do not advise adjusting the physical offset without first checking it through the offset calibration menu.

Of course. I'm just letting you know that your software has a bug where it can auto-adjust the right extruder to be an offset more than the 4.00 max it's supposed to be. Error checking is missing if you do it the way I did it when I discovered the problem.

Steven@Raise3D

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:03 am

Raise3D_User1 wrote:
Steven@Raise3D wrote:

Of course. I'm just letting you know that your software has a bug where it can auto-adjust the right extruder to be an offset more than the 4.00 max it's supposed to be. Error checking is missing if you do it the way I did it when I discovered the problem.

Thank you for the feedback. I will report this to our development team and hopefully, it is something that can be fixed in a future release of the firmware.

Return to “RaiseCloud”