RaiseCloud + Octoprint = Way off in terms of control and printfiles

Allram

RaiseCloud + Octoprint = Way off in terms of control and printfiles

Postby Allram » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:50 am

Hello,

The last few days now my Octoprint Prusa Mini that is connected to RaiseCloud is totally off.

I start to print a file that takes ~2hours to print, Raisecloud estimates 8hours, and i can not control the printer after it is done. RaiseCloud stops the timer a few hours after the printer is done (roughly 50% in the RaiseCloud estimate), and RaiseCloud is remaining in "printing state", even after multiple reboots.

Did a reboot of printer and octprint today and that got RaiseCloud to see that the printer is finished and I startet another print. This one takes ~1.5hours to print, but RaiseCloud estimates 2hours left midprint (Octoprint does not estimate 2 hours left). And RaiseCloud uses the filename of the previous printed files in the "Printing now" filename.

BTW: My fileusage is not correct yet, maybe my account should be deleted, and i create a new one to "reset" ?

Allram

Re: RaiseCloud + Octoprint = Way off in terms of control and printfiles

Postby Allram » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:53 am

Here is the Octoprint view when print is finished:

RaiseCloud.png

Here is the RaiseCloud view when Octoprint is finished:
Octoprint.png

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:24 am

Sorry for the issue.
1. For the remaining time issue you metioned, the data shown on RaiseCloud is pulled from OctoPrint. We will see how we can improve the RaiseCloud side in future versions.
2. We are tring to improve the delay updating issue now.
3. About shoing the last print file issue, we have already got it fixed. It will release in next version.
4. For the storage issue, we should already have got this issue fixed. If there is still some old data in your account, please let us know whether you want us to help clear storage for you. Is there any file you want to keep? Please make sure that you have save the copies before we clear.

If you meet any issue with using OctoPrint on RaiseCloud, please let us know.

Allram

Postby Allram » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:46 pm

1. Good :) Because i can't see how that information is comming from Octoprint, because it's not what it's showing in it's own interface.
2. Great!
3. Good.
4. I deleted my account and formated the Octoprint, just to start from scratch.
Octoprint is still "unusable" in the RaiseCloud, worked good before the last update.

See screenshots, this is while printing:
Raisecloud.png

Octoprint.png

It goes online and offline just without reason. Octoprint has internet as it always have. I need to print locally or else it's not usable.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:32 pm

Would you like to disconnect OctoPrint and reconnect with it? Once you see the issue comes back, please going Setting -> Logging and export the most recent "octoprint.log" and share with us.

Allram

Postby Allram » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:32 pm

Attached is a log from yesterday and today.
Today i had to rebind the printer to Raisecloud, i don't really see why. But it actually seems to work now (10min since i started a print from Raisecloud).

Yesterday:
octoprint.log-17-09-2020.txt
(47.37 KiB) Downloaded 4 times

Today:
octoprint.log-18-09-2020.log
(16.33 KiB) Downloaded 4 times

Edit: the RaiseCloud just disconnected again, midprint.. and the Plugin says I need to bind the printer again. Latest log:
octoprint.log.txt
(42.98 KiB) Downloaded 5 times

Allram

Postby Allram » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:12 am

Yesterday and todays logs are attached. Had to rebind printer again yesterday.
Adjusted the Logging to DEBUG on Raisecloud plugin, but can't see any big difference in why it tells me to rebind.

Yesterday: 19-09-2020
octoprint-19-09-2020.log
(272.41 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

Today: 20-09-2020
octoprint.log
(112.65 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:48 pm

We have gone through the log files you attached.
It shows no binding information at the day of 17th so we can't confirm whether the binding has completed by that time or not. And the Plugin is asking for Admin access to Octoprint. Please try use Admin account to login Octoprint.

We also have seen at the day of the 18th, the binding shows completed and one print tast being assigned from RaiseCloud successfully processed.

We want to ask a few more questions. Can you check whether cases match with what you have after seeing your printer offline on RaiseCloud webpage?
1. Are you using account having Admin access to Octoprint to install RaiseCloud plugin to bind with your printer?
You can find the the access information in OctoPrint Settings.
2.png

2. Does connection between the printer and Octoprint look good?
Sometimes printer may lose connection with Octoprint.

3. Does the RaiseCloud plugin shows binded successfully on Octoprint?
1.png

Allram

Postby Allram » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:41 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:We have gone through the log files you attached.
It shows no binding information at the day of 17th so we can't confirm whether the binding has completed by that time or not. And the Plugin is asking for Admin access to Octoprint. Please try use Admin account to login Octoprint.

We also have seen at the day of the 18th, the binding shows completed and one print tast being assigned from RaiseCloud successfully processed.

We want to ask a few more questions. Can you check whether cases match with what you have after seeing your printer offline on RaiseCloud webpage?
1. Are you using account having Admin access to Octoprint to install RaiseCloud plugin to bind with your printer?
You can find the the access information in OctoPrint Settings.
octoprint.log
(318.69 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

2. Does connection between the printer and Octoprint look good?
Sometimes printer may lose connection with Octoprint.

3. Does the RaiseCloud plugin shows binded successfully on Octoprint?
The attachment 2.png is no longer available

1. Yes, only account on Octoprint and it has Admin privilegies.

2. Yes, and automatically connects after reboot of octoprint.

3. Yes, but after a reboot of Octoprint or in the middle of a print it shows as "unbinded" and i have to bind it again. And then we have it going with wrong information/not controllable from Raisecloud.

Here is the latest Octoprint.log
octoprint.log
(318.69 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
- I binded the printer, waited a few minutes, rebooted Octoprint system -> Printer is gone, need to bind again -> Did this a few times to get the logs.

I gave the raisecloud.sqlite database located in /home/pi/.octoprint/data/raisecloud more permissions from 0744 to 0777 to test, and that change managed it to keep the printer binding after a reboot. Doing a test print now and will check tomorrow morning if anything has happened :)

Allram

Postby Allram » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:00 am

The print finished, the printer seems to be connected to Raisecloud trough Octoprint interface. But Raisecloud interface does not update with print finished.

Did a reboot of the octoprint instanse, now i need to bind the printer again. This worked really well in the july/august, did you guys do any updates since then, that might have broken things?

Latest log
octoprint (1).log
(361.82 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

Allram

Postby Allram » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:08 pm

Today i formated the Octoprint RPI, started from scratch, installed Raisecloud plugin. This time following your instructions on how to do it i skipped this part in cmdline.txt:

Code: Select all

dwc_otg.fiq_enable=1  dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=1  dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0x3
That seems to have done the trick. It does not disconnect from Raisecloud anymore.
Created a brand new Raisecloud account with a different email afterward to see if that changed something also.

But now we are back again to Raisecloud never marks the print as finished and i can't control Octoprint online for more than the first print. Then it's locked in "printing" state.

Here is Raisecloud view when print is finished:
Raisecloud.PNG

Here is octoprint view when print is finished:
octoprint.log
(65.46 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

Here is Octoprint log:
Octoprint.PNG

Allram

Postby Allram » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:57 am

Back to square one...

Woke up today and had to rebind the printer again... Raisecloud sees the Octoprint instance as offline.
And this is with a brand new install, brand new account.

Todays log:
octoprint.log
(107.97 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:21 pm

Would you like to help us double confirm whether it always shows unbinded when the printer os offline?

Allram

Postby Allram » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:38 pm

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Would you like to help us double confirm whether it always shows unbinded when the printer os offline?

Yes, when it shows as offline in Raisecloud it shows up as Unbinded in Octoprint. When i reboot the octoprint it shows as offline in Raisecloud for a few minutes and connects back, straight into printing mode even tho i am not printing anything.

It has worked troughout the day now with multiple reboots of Octoprint and it seems to be still binded.
The problem now is that it is "always" printing in Raisecloud, but Octoprint instance is not. I really really don't get where that information is coming from? And if i start a print from Octoprint (as i have to, as the Raisecloud is "always" in printing state) the filename and printtime is not from the file i am printing in Octoprint, where does this information come from?

If you need any other logs or access to my Octoprint instance/Raisecloud account i can give you that for further debugging.

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:52 pm

Please try the following steps to install a new package to see whether the issue is still there or not.
1. Clear the plug-ins. Click Uninstall & Clean up data.
2. Reboot Octoprint then load files from https://github.com/ReachY/alpha-plugin/ ... master.zip
3. Once it shows binded successfully, go RaiseCloud to control your printer.
4. When the printer on RaiseCloud shows offline, wait a few minutes then download log files from Octoprint.

Notes:
1. Do not modify any file for Plug-ins, even only changing the authorization.
2. Once the printer on RaiseCloud shows offlines, do not process further operations like reboot, unbind those may clear the information we can debug the issue. Just wait a short while. If the printer still not shows on RaiseCloud, then download the log files for us.

Allram

Postby Allram » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:48 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Please try the following steps to install a new package to see whether the issue is still there or not.
1. Clear the plug-ins. Click Uninstall & Clean up data.
2. Reboot Octoprint then load files from https://github.com/ReachY/alpha-plugin/ ... master.zip
3. Once it shows binded successfully, go RaiseCloud to control your printer.
4. When the printer on RaiseCloud shows offline, wait a few minutes then download log files from Octoprint.

Notes:
1. Do not modify any file for Plug-ins, even only changing the authorization.
2. Once the printer on RaiseCloud shows offlines, do not process further operations like reboot, unbind those may clear the information we can debug the issue. Just wait a short while. If the printer still not shows on RaiseCloud, then download the log files for us.

RaiseCloud still shows the printer as "printing" even tho i have powered down the PI for the last 2 hours...

But attached is the log after the steps you asked for. I can see that the Raisecloud is pinged every minute or so in the log. So it has connection to Raisecloud.
octoprint (3).log
(42.19 KiB) Downloaded 1 time

EDIT: I reinstalled the standard Raise3Dplugin again. And i see that it does not pint api.raise3d.com anymore. Seems like that might be some of the errors?

Edith: 26/09-2020, Octoprint shows as offline on RaiseCloud, but is still binded on Octoprint. Even after reboot it shows as binded. Seems like the issue now is that RaiseCloud is not pinged/updated from Octoprint plugin?

Return to “RaiseCloud”