RaiseCloud File read error

Alrawly

RaiseCloud File read error

Postby Alrawly » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:55 pm

Hi

Had an interesting error while printing yesterday. I'm printing a fairly large file about 380mb directly from USB. I've been checking progress on the app and noticed the status changed to Error, i was unable to stop the print or pause at this point. When I physically checked the printer it gave me a read error for the USB and allowed me to manually retry and resume print. Is there a way to reset or retry via the app or dashboard?

While the error was on, the printer was effectively paused with the nozzle at full temp, for safety reasons id rather it wasn't doing this is there anyway to avoid? From now on ill copy the file to the printer rather than use USB and likely install a WiFi operated plug to remotely shutdown but it would be nice if there were some more options in the dashboard or app to help.

Cheers

Al

Vicky@Raise3D

Re: RaiseCloud File read error

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:22 am

Do you still remember what was the exact words in that error message to help us locate what issue you were facing with?

Alrawly

Postby Alrawly » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:33 am

Might have been I/O device error? Should have taken a photo!

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:43 pm

Is there any chance that you can recreate the issue one more time so that we can have better understand about what happened and which part of the printer might have issue?

Alrawly

Postby Alrawly » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:44 am

Sorry it was 80hrs in to a 130hr build I don't think ill be able to recreate. Ill keep an eye out and if it happens again ill get the details.

Thanks

Al

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:44 pm

Sorry about the issue.
If you see the error comes back again with any future print, please take picture and export serial logs at the same time and also keep the printing files so that we can try to find as much as information may be related to the issue to diagonise it.

Return to “RaiseCloud”