Steps/mm change grinds printer to a standstill

MervynLarrier

Steps/mm change grinds printer to a standstill

Postby MervynLarrier » Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:33 am

I have been trying to reign in the dimensional tolerance of my prints, and I stumbled across this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN9NCn- ... =Crosslink

I printed a calibration cube and used the spreadsheet listed given in the video to obtain new x,y,z values. The changes were:
[*]X: 80->79.01
[*]Y: 80->78.74
[*]Z:800 ->814.25
I bypassed OctoPrint and set the changes directly from the Hardware section of the Advanced Settings menu. Then, when I attempted to home my x-y axes, not only was the printer moving extremely slowly, it would not reach the home position. Does anyone know why this is happening? I'm thinking maybe it's because it's floating-point arithmetic and the defaults were integers. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Manuel@Raise3D

Re: Steps/mm change grinds printer to a standstill

Postby Manuel@Raise3D » Fri May 12, 2023 12:48 am

If you're looking into doing this, I recommend doing so at the slicer level and not adjusting the steps/mm in general as this is what caused the sluggish movement.

In your printer settings, you have the option to apply compensation to both the X & Y axes:
Untitled1_13.jpeg

And for further smaller adjustments, you can also compensate for X&Y contours and holes for your model:
Untitled1_14.jpeg

Return to “Pro2 Series”