Poor Top Layer Quality

y2gabe2

Poor Top Layer Quality

Postby y2gabe2 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:19 am

Hello All,

I hope this post finds everyone well and I am grateful for the support. :)

I have a pro 2 plus that I have been struggling with dialing in the top layer. I have tried multiple filaments including Raise PLA and continue to get the same results.

I am currently trying to dial in Sunlu PLA + with the open filament program template and have gone through all the previous calibrations steps including temp towers and everything else except the top layer is pretty dialed in including the extrusion tests.

Here are the results I have bee getting:

I have been having a hard time deciphering if I am under or over but have been adjusting the "Top Surface Solid Fill Layers" 'Top surface solid fill flow rate" My infill and "infill overlap" settings with no identifiable progress.

My current settings are as follows:

Bed temp: 70 then after first layer 60 hold
Nozzle temp 215
Layer .2
2 shells in prints in photos I bumped to 3 still no change
.4 extruder width with a .4 nozzle
infill was 15 with photoed prints then bumped to 20 and 30 with no progress. Same on a solid fill print
Bottom and top solid fill laters both 5
Bottom and top solid fill flow rate 100%
Top solid surface solid fill layers have adjusted from 0-5
Top Surface Solid Fill Flowrate changed from 95-120% with no change.

Can anyone see what I may be missing or recommendations to test?

Thanks in advance! :)

Ryan@Raise3D

Re: Poor Top Layer Quality

Postby Ryan@Raise3D » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:26 am

Can you let me know what issues you are having with this print as the surface that is shown looks very good. If the surface is raised up it may be best to reduce the top solid fill flow rate a bit to reduce the amount of material being extruded on this surface.

y2gabe2

Postby y2gabe2 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:15 am

The surface feels rough to touch and looks rough as well. Not sure if it’s over or under extruding. I’ve tried both adjustments and ultimately looks/feels the same.

Ryan@Raise3D

Postby Ryan@Raise3D » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:36 am

For this issue it could be that the overlap of the solid fill could be too high and causing the nozzle to drag through the previous layer causing it to raise up and we can try reducing this overlap by changing the Infill overlap setting as this is what controls the overlap of the solid fill as well. https://www.ideamaker.io/dictionaryDeta ... 4.3.0.6190

Return to “Pro2 Series”