Difference in Raise3D PLA Premium vs. Colorful Filament?

Northrup

Difference in Raise3D PLA Premium vs. Colorful Filament?

Postby Northrup » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:09 pm

I guess just a question here: Does anyone besides me, have problems printing with Raise3D Premium vs. Raise3D Colorful filament?
I have the Series Pro2, I spent a small fortune recently and purchased some normal Raise3D Premium 1.75mm and the Colorful PLA 1.75mm filament. I finished off using the Blue Premium and decided to try the Black Colorful PLA 1.75mm filament. The filament feeder gears were having a devil of a time and basically was jamming. I cleaned the passages with the rod provided by Raise3d and opened the gear access and cleaned, vacuumed and tried adjusting tension. Tried again and still was jamming. I went back to the Raise3D Premium and TADA! no problems. The Colorful seems to have a different texture (rougher) and not as round? :?

r/
Jim

Ryan@Raise3D

Re: Difference in Raise3D PLA Premium vs. Colorful Filament?

Postby Ryan@Raise3D » Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:38 am

Can you let me know if you are printing with the lid on or off of the machine as this can trap the heat of the bed and hot end and with most PLA materials start causing jamming issues? The Premium PLA is more resistant to this so that may explain why you are having fewer issues.

Return to “Pro2 Series”