How to disable LEFT extruder

Northrup

How to disable LEFT extruder

Postby Northrup » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:21 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have been trying to figure out how to disable the LEFT extruder. I was tracking some past user emails but never saw a solved answer. I have my idea software showing 1 primary extruder. But it doesn't say which extruder it is until I run a print. I took out the filament from the LEFT extruder trying to see if the print software was smart enough to use only the right extruder. It isn't! It states that printing stopped due to filament issue. I have updated my Pro2 printer with the latest raise pack and motion board firmware.

I have a feed issue (clicking noise from gear) with the LEFT extruder and only want to use the RIGHT extruder.

Cheers,
Jim

Labirynt

Re: How to disable LEFT extruder

Postby Labirynt » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:21 pm

Northrup wrote:Hello Everyone,

I have been trying to figure out how to disable the LEFT extruder. I was tracking some past user emails but never saw a solved answer. I have my idea software showing 1 primary extruder. But it doesn't say which extruder it is until I run a print. I took out the filament from the LEFT extruder trying to see if the print software was smart enough to use only the right extruder. It isn't! It states that printing stopped due to filament issue. I have updated my Pro2 printer with the latest raise pack and motion board firmware.

I have a feed issue (clicking noise from gear) with the LEFT extruder and only want to use the RIGHT extruder.

Cheers,
Jim

in Idea Maker in each filament settings you plan to use go to gcode tab -> post-process part, and add replace "T0" to "T1" :)

cnc_aero

Re: How to disable LEFT extruder

Postby cnc_aero » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:57 pm

In Idea maker under the view tab you can choose which side you want, then in the slicer you will want to enable the right side.
Attachments
Capture1.png
Capture2.png
Capture3.png
Capture4.png

Return to “Pro2 Series”