Pro2 - Temperature Sensor Error

Saperusa

Re: Pro2 - Temperature Sensor Error

Postby Saperusa » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:27 am

NHBB wrote:
Well yes, again it needs to be modded to be reliable, as you have done yourself. I went with a different fan also to correct the cooling issue. The stock fan gave us nothing but problems. I think we went through 2 or 3 of them.

I'm not sure what you are saying about the heated platform, are you suggesting a particular brand?

Hi,
While surfing the internet I found this German company that produces precisely this dish that has the characteristic of never deteriorating.
The manufacturer gives 5 years warranty but, in fact, explicitly tells you that minimum for ten years you go on without problems.
ABS ASA IGUS attach themselves without the need for dimafix and once the plate cools off by themselves.
With TPU I now work cold plate (25°).
After a hundred prints if you see that it does not stick as before, vaporize a bit of distilled water on top, put in the printer to 90," and the plate regenerates and you can start again as a new plate.
The surface remains intact; I’m also printing the PC without problems and everything is perfect.
The only material that does not have the success of the others tried is nylon, but the designer writes it; with the Nylon serves the Magigoo PA (as with the Buildtak).
Anyway I have the buildtak Nylon and I will continue to use that
What to say? It has solved all the plate problems with high-temperature materials, now I have stopped changing plate once every month/ month and a half and with this, I think to go ahead a few years.
At least that’s the expectations.

Saperusa

Postby Saperusa » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:29 am

Saperusa wrote:
NHBB wrote:
Well yes, again it needs to be modded to be reliable, as you have done yourself. I went with a different fan also to correct the cooling issue. The stock fan gave us nothing but problems. I think we went through 2 or 3 of them.

I'm not sure what you are saying about the heated platform, are you suggesting a particular brand?

Hi,
While surfing the internet I found this German company that produces precisely this dish that has the characteristic of never deteriorating.
The manufacturer gives 5 years warranty but, in fact, explicitly tells you that minimum for ten years you go on without problems.
ABS ASA IGUS attach themselves without the need for dimafix and once the plate cools off by themselves.
With TPU I now work cold plate (25°).
After a hundred prints if you see that it does not stick as before, vaporize a bit of distilled water on top, put in the printer to 90," and the plate regenerates and you can start again as a new plate.
The surface remains intact; I’m also printing the PC without problems and everything is perfect.
The only material that does not have the success of the others tried is nylon, but the designer writes it; with the Nylon serves the Magigoo PA (as with the Buildtak).
Anyway I have the buildtak Nylon and I will continue to use that
What to say? It has solved all the plate problems with high-temperature materials, now I have stopped changing plate once every month/ month and a half and with this, I think to go ahead a few years.
At least that’s the expectations.

https://www.provenexpert.com/mtplus-adv ... ign=Widget

NHBB

Postby NHBB » Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:10 pm

Are there any plans to adjust the firmware or should we plan on restarting the machine over and over to get a print to start? You yourself said "over sensitivity of the firmware with detecting a thermal runaway" was the cause of the problem in many cases. Why not adjust the firmware to something not over sensitive? We've struggled with this issue with and without stock cooling, yet the blame always falls on non-stock cooling. People keep saying "use silicone socks", and we are using the socks. I could switch back to the stock cooling today and get just as many temperature errors, and then daily jams also.

Return to “Pro2 Series”