Filament monitor stops during print.

Trevor13

Filament monitor stops during print.

Postby Trevor13 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:58 am

Hi , Can some one please give a suggestion on this problem. I am run a Pro2 machine and most times during the day the printer runs fine but lately I have come in to find the filament monitor has stopped the print because it has run out of material during the night - "but it hasn't".
I then retrude the filament without any delay and start printing again.
I dont have any power outages as I have three more machines that dont do that.
The filament is not tangled and snagged
I sometime get get some small residure like resin first when I start to extrude but then the plastic come through fine without any help.
Can anybody help
Thank you in advance
Last edited by Trevor13 on Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Labirynt

Re: Filament minitor stops during print.

Postby Labirynt » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:00 am

Trevor13 wrote:Hi , Can some one please give a suggestion on this problem. I am run a Pro2 machine and most times during the day the printer runs fine but lately I have come in to find the filament monitor has stopped the print because it has run out of material during the night - "but it hasn't".
I sometime get get some small residure like resin first when I start to extrude but then the plastic come through fine without any help.
Can anybody help
Thank you in advance

Maybe you should invest in better filament? :P
If filament is not straight, or diameter is too low, this sensor will be triggered.
Also, if filament is transparent, sensor will be triggered.

You can disable sensor temporally on touchscreen of printer :)

Steven@Raise3D

Re: Filament minitor stops during print.

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:30 am

Trevor13 wrote:Hi , Can some one please give a suggestion on this problem. I am run a Pro2 machine and most times during the day the printer runs fine but lately I have come in to find the filament monitor has stopped the print because it has run out of material during the night - "but it hasn't".
Can anybody help
Thank you in advance

Do you notice this issue occurring with just one type of filament or with all filaments?

Trevor13

Re: Filament monitor stops during print.

Postby Trevor13 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:05 am

Thank you for your comments: We use the same filament on all four Raise Pro2 plus machines and I dont have this problem on the other three. I monitor the printer during the day and it will print all day no problem. It only at night it seems to do this.

Steven@Raise3D

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:47 am

Trevor13 wrote:Thank you for your comments: We use the same filament on all four Raise Pro2 plus machines and I dont have this problem on the other three. I monitor the printer during the day and it will print all day no problem. It only at night it seems to do this.

It is possible that the sensor itself is misaligned or defective. You can try these steps below to re-align the sensor;

1. Unload all filament
2. Loosen the two screws on the front of the sensor assembly using a 2mm hex wrench (These are the two screws between the set of red lights that inform you if the filament is loaded)
3. Re-tighten the two screws

Trevor13

Postby Trevor13 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:56 am

Thank you Steven I'll try that .
cheers
Trev

Return to “Pro2 Series”