WLAN not staying connected

ACatesWWT

WLAN not staying connected

Postby ACatesWWT » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:05 pm

Have had the Pro2 since Nov of 2019 and up until last week, I was able to connect just fine through WLAN(despite our company having strict network rules). Shut the printer down for the weekend and today I fire it up and the WLAN will not connect to anything (wont show any available networks). Yes, it's turned on (WLAN), Yes, I've reset several times(even with the "hidden" button on the back of the touchscreen), Yes, I am running the most current firmware and software available, No, I've changed nothing on the network side. I've tried manually entering in the network information and it connects to the network for a few seconds, then promptly disconnects. Is this a hardware fault or software? Has anyone else ran into this behavior?

Jeff_Birt

Re: WLAN not staying connected

Postby Jeff_Birt » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:03 pm

I was having this issue on my new E2 and turned the WiFi off through the touchscreen on the machine. Waited a few seconds and turned it back on. So far, for the last few days it has stayed conected.

Steven@Raise3D

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:25 am

ACatesWWT wrote:Have had the Pro2 since Nov of 2019 and up until last week, I was able to connect just fine through WLAN(despite our company having strict network rules). Shut the printer down for the weekend and today I fire it up and the WLAN will not connect to anything (wont show any available networks). Yes, it's turned on (WLAN), Yes, I've reset several times(even with the "hidden" button on the back of the touchscreen), Yes, I am running the most current firmware and software available, No, I've changed nothing on the network side. I've tried manually entering in the network information and it connects to the network for a few seconds, then promptly disconnects. Is this a hardware fault or software? Has anyone else ran into this behavior?

Can you please confirm that the rest of the touchscreen's functionality is working properly? Also are you able to connect the printer to the network via an ethernet cable?

ACatesWWT

Postby ACatesWWT » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:47 pm

The rest of the touchscreen is working properly. There is no wired connection in proximity to where we use the printer for me to test on(WLAN is the only option to get around my company's network policies anyway). I was able to successfully get a connection yesterday(after resetting a few times and experimenting). However, it still will not show any available networks in the WLAN screen. I have to manually enter my network information and go from there. Not a total deal-breaker, but something I didn't have to do prior. I do want to add that I did have a small scare about 9 months ago when the screen became un-responsive and wouldn't work at all(persisted even after full power cycle reset). Performing a firmware update seemed to solve the problem. I doubt I'm the first to say that I am relatively un-happy with the prospect of having to purchase a touchscreen that costs ~$1000 if/when I run into issues such as this (especially considering that Raise3D's standard warranty wouldn't cover it even if I was still under it).

Steven@Raise3D

Postby Steven@Raise3D » Thu May 13, 2021 10:45 pm

ACatesWWT wrote:The rest of the touchscreen is working properly. There is no wired connection in proximity to where we use the printer for me to test on(WLAN is the only option to get around my company's network policies anyway). I was able to successfully get a connection yesterday(after resetting a few times and experimenting). However, it still will not show any available networks in the WLAN screen. I have to manually enter my network information and go from there. Not a total deal-breaker, but something I didn't have to do prior. I do want to add that I did have a small scare about 9 months ago when the screen became un-responsive and wouldn't work at all(persisted even after full power cycle reset). Performing a firmware update seemed to solve the problem. I doubt I'm the first to say that I am relatively un-happy with the prospect of having to purchase a touchscreen that costs ~$1000 if/when I run into issues such as this (especially considering that Raise3D's standard warranty wouldn't cover it even if I was still under it).

I would suggest creating a support ticket so that one of our technical support engineers can better assist you in solving the issue.

Return to “Pro2 Series”