Quality problem Pro2 Plus

simon_srp

Quality problem Pro2 Plus

Postby simon_srp » Thu May 14, 2020 8:30 am

Hi everyone

At my work we have a Pro2 Plus that we had a lot of trouble with since the beginning.

We had two shaft couplers, both motor cables, the extruder and the extruder board and also a thermocoupler changed during 1 ½ year. Not sure if this is normal? I am getting tired of never quite trust this machine.

We acutally sent it back to the reseller so they had to make it work correctly before we would take it back. They then changed the extruder board and thermocoupler. After this been done, the printer started to deliver quite nice quality and then we took it back.

But as soon as we started printing we got quality problems again. This time it looks like some sort of banding.

When we printing the calibration cube, it looks like this.

Calib cubbe.PNG

When we print the Benchy it looks like this. about 10-15mm up it seems to print with quite good quality, but then it gets worse again. The small box in the stern of the boat seems nice and also the hull in the bow.

Benchy.PNG

Machine.PNG

Running IdeaMaker 3.5.2. and using PLA from Polymaker and we have been using standard templates that we changed the extruder temp to 210-215.
Do you guys have any idea what this is caused by?

simon_srp

Re: Quality problem Pro2 Plus

Postby simon_srp » Thu May 14, 2020 8:34 am

We also printed the Benchy with both right and left nozzle on each side of the printing surface to see if there would be any differences between the nozzles depending on where on the surface we were printing, but no..

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Fri May 15, 2020 1:30 am

Would you like to take some pictures around the printhead so that we can check the wiring?
As would you like to help export serial log from your touchscreen?

simon_srp

Postby simon_srp » Mon May 18, 2020 9:59 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Would you like to take some pictures around the printhead so that we can check the wiring?
As would you like to help export serial log from your touchscreen?

Hi Vicky

The serial log I have to export tomorrow since I am working from home today.

Here are some pictures around the printhead. Tell me if you need any other pictures
Printhead 1.jpg

Printhead 2.jpg

Printhead 4.jpg

Printhead 3.jpg

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Tue May 19, 2020 8:13 pm

Thanks for sharing your pictures.
Your issue can be related to thermal flutuation. Please open a support ticket at http://help.raise3d.com to get more intensive technical support.

simon_srp

Postby simon_srp » Wed May 20, 2020 9:26 am

Vicky@Raise3D wrote:Thanks for sharing your pictures.
Your issue can be related to thermal flutuation. Please open a support ticket at http://help.raise3d.com to get more intensive technical support.

Ok, I will create a ticket.

I also exported the serial log file.

all-raisetouch-960-20200520172345.tar.gz
(556.41 KiB) Downloaded 4 times

Vicky@Raise3D

Postby Vicky@Raise3D » Thu May 21, 2020 6:41 pm

Thank you for providing further information.
If you'd like to advise your ticket number, I can have the support team to go back here to check our old conversations.

Return to “Pro2 Series”